4.6 2v post dyno tune question

Rolltide1006

Established Member
Hey all, I am new to this site and was referred by Injected Engineering in Kennesaw, Ga. I just had my 97 GT tuned there and it is the first time having the car dyno'd. I rebuilt the bottom end of the engine and added PI heads, CMS 2.5 blower cams and needed the tune. Well after the tune I noticed when I am in gear then put the car in neutral the RPM kicks down very quickly. The engine doesn't die and idles fine, but the kick down is very noticeable. Also when I am at operating temp the car is idling just a hair below 1k. Is this normal? It is the weekend and Injected is closed so I was hoping to find some info on this. Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Hey all, I am new to this site and was referred by Injected Engineering in Kennesaw, Ga. I just had my 97 GT tuned there and it is the first time having the car dyno'd. I rebuilt the bottom end of the engine and added PI heads, CMS 2.5 blower cams and needed the tune. Well after the tune I noticed when I am in gear then put the car in neutral the RPM kicks down very quickly. The engine doesn't die and idles fine, but the kick down is very noticeable. Also when I am at operating temp the car is idling just a hair below 1k. Is this normal? It is the weekend and Injected is closed so I was hoping to find some info on this. Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you!
The car is causing you problems because you're an Alabama fan.

The idle is likely fine. However @Zemedici will likely have a better answer shortly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Rolltide1006

Established Member
LOL! Ya I feel it is something I just may have to get used to. I just got the tune yesterday. Don't get me wrong, the car goes when you give it gas. Pulls great. It is just in between gears the idle acts funky when dropping. If I am in 5th gear at 2k rpm and then push the clutch in the RPM drops hard to 1500 rpm and then down to 1k. Thanks for your response.

Info@Injected

Hey Buddy

The idle is set at 850, and the RPMS dropping is normal. Before the car was hanging in the upper RPMS, and now it’s doing what it’s supposed to. If you wanna confirm, swing her by the shop! But normal operation, man you’re good.

Rolltide1006

Established Member
Hey Josh! I will give you a ring Monday. Hope your weekend is going well and thanks again for the tune! Feels awesome when you open the motor up. Just learning the new animal lol.

jaxbusa

Established Member
Sounds normal. Hey, can you give us a video of your car idling? I’m curious how the cams sound.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jaxbusa

Established Member
How do you like the drivability of the car with those cams? Does it surge or buck at lower rpm while going slow in a parking lot or in 5th gear?

Rolltide1006

Established Member
How do you like the drivability of the car with those cams? Does it surge or buck at lower rpm while going slow in a parking lot or in 5th gear?

It bucks a little bit, but I am getting used to it. It’s minor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Ah ok I completely read that wrong my bad lol. Yeah this place is pretty good for that. Corral used to be but Corral has been dying a slow death for like all of the 2010s... Could also look into an On3 turbo or a Tork Tech. Blower cams are not turbo cams tho... used S trim probably the way to go.

Rolltide1006

Established Member
Ah ok I completely read that wrong my bad lol. Yeah this place is pretty good for that. Corral used to be but Corral has been dying a slow death for like all of the 2010s... Could also look into an On3 turbo or a Tork Tech. Blower cams are not turbo cams tho... used S trim probably the way to go.

Ya if I didn’t have the blower cams I would of gone with On3 single turbo kit. But I have always wanted a procharger or vortech. Less maintenance on the supercharger vs the turbo system. And easier to install :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread