4.6 dohc manual trans conversion...

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
hi. at the risk of getting flamed here i figured this would be the closest/best place to get a final answer on something. my apollogies if its the wrong place but the knowledge base here seems strong.

basically, i want to bolt a manual tranny up to a lincoln mark viii dohc 4.6. i know they have 6 bolt cranks where as the cobra uses the 8 bolt. will a mustcng gt setup work? im not sure if they are 6 bolt or not. also, id prefer it to be a t56 6 speed from a cobra. basically, the lincoln 4.6 will be babysteps towards getting a forged cobra engine swapped into my fox. thanks in advance for the help...john

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
okay awesome and thank you...but what about the splines though. are the gt clutch/pp splines the same as the 6 speed cobras input shaft?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The T45 and 3650 trans in the GTs use a 10 spline input shaft, same as the 03/04 cobra.
Depending on your HP goals for the car you might swap out the stock input shaft for a 26 spline input shaft. The stock T56 input shaft is "rated" for 440 ft-lbs of torque.

I got my T56 through these guys, great to deal with and they'll answer all your questions. www.ddperformance.com

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
awesome man thanks...now i can finally pull the trigger on one...thanks again man...john

green99_svt

Established Member
btw get the flywheel for a 03 or 04 gt car they have an 11" clutch disk as opposed to the 10.5 used in earlier years. they switched in like 01 or 02 to the bigger disk. this will allow you to use any 99 up cobra clutch.

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
awesome info man. i thank you all. beats the nutz out of corall...thanks again....john

Users who are viewing this thread