4.6L/5.4LCyl Heads?

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
Are these heads the same? All I can find is 4.6L 2V heads everywhere I look. Wondering if they are the same besides the fact of romeo and windsor differences. Also, does anyone know if there would be a problem bolting a Romeo style head to my Windsor block?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
All the same. I think the only difference is that the romeo heads have girdles for the cams and the windsor heads do not. As long as they are P.I. heads your fine

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
There is a difference. Do a search over at Modularfords.com. I remember reading that the 5.4 require longer timing chains. I can't remember if it has to do with the block deck height or the cylinder heads themselves.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
lightninmike said:
Thats cause of block deck height
Thats what I thought too. Is our block the same dimensions as the GT500? If not the only intake ever made (other than custom sheet metal ones) for 4 valve heads on a 5.4L was for the 2000 Cobra R and good luck getting your hands on one of those. I don't know if the Ford GT (GT40) intake will fit but I am guessing its the same as the GT500.

Edit: Damn forgot about Navigator intakes for N/A motors.

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I believe they are all the same. GT 500, GT, and Cobra R.. Cobra R, most likely impossible, or near impossible to get. GT, WAY too much involved to make it work (2 injectors per cylinder), and the GT500 would be relatively easy to use, especially since the plenum comes out on the same side as a lightning already. Sullivan makes an intake manifold for 5.4L 4v as well. More suited for turbo use.

Users who are viewing this thread