4.6L sounds

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
i'm getting ready to buy a 96' GT
anyone have any vids or sound clips of some 4.6L's

I've always wanted the aggresive sound of a 5.0....but i have to get what i can ;)

Much thanks!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Dallas_5.0 said:

I've always wanted the aggresive sound of a 5.0....but i have to get what i can ;)

Much thanks!

I was in the same position as you!! look at my name and look what car i own haha!! but anyway word of advice!! PLEASE CHECK THE INTAKE MANIFOLD!! check for any cracks because the 96's are known for leaking coolant!!! Because im getting mine changed because it cracked behind the alternator!! Good luck with the ride bro

Nate!

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
yep, look @ my sig. Also, this is a quick ass warning! Check the intake manifold and make sure it has a alumum coolant crossover.

neways heres a clip of my 97 gt.. If that 96 gt is mostly stock than its going to sound just like this.. meaner in person .. crappy on mic
http://media.putfile.com/MIC-2005-09-20_20h08m03s

-edit: LOL someone already warned you bout the manifold =) but damn its that big of a problem :whine: :whine: Im hoping your getting a 5spd not an automatic gt :poke:

xtreme02gt said:
here you go http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=62F58DAC-03B6-4CA3-9E33-31595FF85F84 :beer: this is my buddys car VT Stage II heads,and VT custom grid cams 284, 601 lift

and here it is ALL warmed up! Nasty http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=95C6DAEA-1EBB-41B8-B550-FFBAF357F152

Sweet sounding car, but the >99 GT sound way differnt than newer GT's.

Last edited:

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
Dallas_5.0 said:

Much thanks!

Check the video in my sig. The driving/shifting stinks but the car speaks for itself. ;)

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
super302 said:
autos sucks ass, the 96 auto GT is the slowest GT ever made

Slowest maybe for the cobra owners and newer gt's. Most likly its going to be fast if its his first mustang. :)

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
Last edited:

kansasCityGt

Established Member
starting stock and working your way up is the best way.

It depends the sound you are trying to acheive. If you want the deeper sound, go with an H pipe. if you want more of a rasp or higher rpm based exhaust go with an x-pipe. Flowmaster is not bad but everone has them. I have Magnaflow and a Dr. Gas X. my buddy had a MAC prochamber with SLP exhaust, it was awesome. take a look into that. I have a video of his and mine if you need.

Users who are viewing this thread