4-bank chip questions

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
When I bought my car it had and still has the 4-bank chip in it. I have the dial selector and it seems to be between positions 2 and 3. I had my car dynod with it in the position I bought it in. I wanted to know, what would happen if I were to move the dial? How would I know if there are any other tunes on it? How would I be able to get it into the exact same spot again? I don't want to turn it in fear or breaking it or something but does it "click" between tunes? Or move freely? Like in case it were to get bumped. The previous owner kind of installed it in a stupid place.

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
yea, dont play with it with out knowing what is on there. You neverknow if they had a e85 tune or a race gas tune or something. You will blow your motor quick. I would just find your closest sct dealer and have them see whats on there!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
this was big back in early days of the terminator, old technology

lot of guys would run a "race tune", "street tune" , "stock" tune etc with the different settings. Moving it from one to the other essentially would change the dynamics of the car and the tune to make it more aggressive or less aggressive depending upon your needs.

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
seems the 4 bank is easier to deal with on a day to day basis. I just flip it to the tune i want... super fast.

Users who are viewing this thread