4 bolt or 2 bolt Saleen?

PIXER

Banned
which spoiler is better? (durability, craftmanship, fitment, etc.)
A true Saleen (S281) 2- bolt spoiler, or the aftermarket 4 Bolt?
Thanks

msm808

97' Slobra
Established Member
I've always heard the 4-bolt is better.

My car came with a 4-bolt but I couldn't tell you why it's better

Someone will chime in

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Get an aftermarket 4-bolt from Kaenen.

Nine times out of ten a Saleen 2-bolt will fit like crap.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I think just about the worst fitting Saleen S281 wing out on the market is the Saleen piece. The Saleens ones are urethane so if it does fit like crap you can always take a heat gun and help mold it to the decklid/rear fenders.. If you buy a fiberglass one for example from ABC exclusive and it fits like shit you really cant do anything to help make it fit better because it fiberglass.
I had the Urethane 2 bolt Saleen wing on my Cobra for awhile, I considered myself lucky because mine really didnt fit as bad as some of them do...I ended up selling the Saleen wing and finally buying what I should have bought from the beginning.....The Kaenen s281 wing, its a four bolt design and made up from fiberglass and the fitment is perfect..

I have the saleen 2 bolt on my car, and we had to drill an extra hole on each side of the trunk at the lip right under the hydraulic struts (whatever you want to call them lol) because the edges didn't curve with the trunk/rear quarter panels. We also had to do some sanding to the underside of the wing to get it to fit better.

Helomech74

Established Member
Does the Kaenen S281 wing use the 4 factory mounting holes, or do you have to drill new holes?

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Does the Kaenen S281 wing use the 4 factory mounting holes, or do you have to drill new holes?

It uses the 4 holes that are already in your trunk lid from the stock spoiler, No drilling or such required just put on and bolt down, I used thin 3m tape around the entire spoiler and sealant around the screw holes to prevent water and such from getting under it.

Here is a picture of mine quality is great..Kaenen ftw!

seats002gj3.jpg

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
Yeah, I just found an online distributor for the wing. It's 199 plus shipping. I think I might give it a try.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Ah and the Laser Red just HAD to come in here and make me order one this week. Damn you!

4 bolt all the way. Helo - where is your online link? PLEASE!

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
It uses the 4 holes that are already in your trunk lid from the stock spoiler, No drilling or such required just put on and bolt down, I used thin 3m tape around the entire spoiler and sealant around the screw holes to prevent water and such from getting under it.

Here is a picture of mine quality is great..Kaenen ftw!

seats002gj3.jpg

Thanks for that pic.... I want one sooooo bad now.... lol

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Hmmm if its direct same price I'll just order through them, just because. Ordering tomorrow! I am way sick of the stocker!

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
i guess this would be the approiate thread to ask this, but..

You notice how on the 281, where it attaches to the top of the trunk lid, theres two parts of the spoiler that jut out? I love the 281's but those really turn me off. Do they make them without those two juts on the spoiler, so that it just looks as though it comes off the back of the trunklid?

38607706wk7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread