4 IS BETTER THAN 2

noelvm

Established Member
Well, I installed the 4 lb pulley today from JDM. Removed the PSP 2 lb pulley which was great. JDMs uses the original bracket and pulley mount. No problems until I went to put on the belt. It was tight before but I couldn't get it over the top pulley. Called JDM. Chip off the lower tit on the back of the idler pulley. This give additional room to push it down and with HELP you can get the belt started on the top pulley. They take an openend box wrench that fits the bolt on front of the top pulley and turn the pulley until the belt goes completely on. Wow! Two was great but four is even better. Stock boost gauge goes wayyyyyy over into the black. Truck is noticeably faster and even better at highway speeds when you wot it. No changes have been made to my chip yet and there is no detination at high rpm just before shift which I listened for. Truck runs great! Thanks JDM!!!!!!! and whoever answered the phone when I called thanks for the idler tip.
noelvm

For sale one two pound PSP pulley. Works great and has bracket locking piece which is necessary to lock transmission in place when doing mod.

noelvm

Established Member
My guess is 14-16. Factory gauge is not accurate anyway. Now that the Autometer Lunar gauges are finally coming out I will get some. I was told to calibrate a boost gauge at idle which using a quality vacuum gauge in line and the adjusting the reading on the boost gauge to match the vacuum gauge so I will do that when I get the guages. Does anyone know if they are for sale yet. I looked at Summit and Jegs the other day and did come up with a listing for the boost gauge in Lunar, but no other gauges.
noelvm

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
noelvm said:
No problems until I went to put on the belt. It was tight before but I couldn't get it over the top pulley. Called JDM. Chip off the lower tit on the back of the idler pulley. This give additional room to push it down and with HELP you can get the belt started on the top pulley.

I know this thread is old, but just a little tip for everyone: Instead of struggling with the belt on the top pulley, put the belt on all the pulley's except the idler pulley. The idler is smooth and without a lip on it. So basically, once you get it started (which is easier to do because there is no lip) it slides right across the pulley (because it's smooth) and into position.

It's still easier with two guys, but using this method, it's not necessary to remove any metal tabs on the rear of the idler, nor is there any struggle to get it on.

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread