4 # lower and 2.93 upper belt size?

SNKBITE

Established Member
For anyone here running a 4 # lower and a 2.93 upper, what size belt are you running. ( looking for Gator Back # if you have it)
Any idea when the search will be back?

SNKBITE

Established Member
I am running a 4080780 on it right now with just the Metco 4 # lower. ( factory idlers)
I have a few 4080772's left in my stock so maybe I will just try one of those and see what happens. I do not plan on running an additional idler once I add the 2.93 upper.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
2.93 with 4 pound lower without idlers would be a 4080774 and with idlers a 4080780 would work fine.On my setup i use no idlers but i did install the 3.5 inch alternator pulley and i am using the 4080797 and fits great. You will love that combo!!

SNKBITE

Established Member
Thanks for the input Matt. I wasn't gonna add to the set up I already have, but after talking to Mike T. yesterday, I have decided to go ahead. I am going down to see him next week for same data logging, then he will run me a two program hand held 4 bank programmer. Should be able to get closer to the 10's this year. I do still sometimes miss the L.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
hey does anyone know what the belt size would be for the 4# lower and the 2.80 upper with 90mm idler???

Silver 03 Cobra

I run a 77.2 with a four lower and a 2.80 upper and a 90 mm idler on a bracket I made that's a little off what Metco's idler is for location.

I learned this trick especially with a new belt if you have a DUB upper. Take your upper pulley off. Install the belt and loop it up to the blower snout and place the upper pulley in the loop and slide it up on the shaft of the blower and turn it to clock the holes and then install a screw to keep it in line and snug it up a little before letting off the tensioner. Mine was a friggin nightmare and I finally got a belt that just wouldn't go. I looked at it and tried this and it worked like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread