#4 Or #6

SVT Knight

Established Member
Im at the point where i need a pulley but which one. #4 or #6. I plan on gettting a dyno tune from JJ at Woodbine. So what would be best (Safe) on a stock block with just the basic mods exhaus,t cai, sbtb, c&l plenum:??:

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
If you're getting a dyno tune...I say go for the 6. If you were going the "canned" route I would say 4. With a 6# by all means get an extender for insurance though and you should be fine according to the general concenses!

svtnick69

Svt pro
Established Member
4# all day all night. For the small amount of incresed horsepower with the 6# its not worth all Xtra engine heat that it will generate. LFP offers an awsome power package.. that and tune your good to go bro

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
svtnick69 said:
4# all day all night. For the small amount of incresed horsepower with the 6# its not worth all Xtra engine heat that it will generate. LFP offers an awsome power package.. that and tune your good to go bro

Good point! Without a PB you are probably better off with a 4#!

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
6#. if your getting a dyno tune from JJ, youll be just fine. Id get an SCT 2400 MAF or some sort of extender to be safe.

Rdslightning

Black Is The Fastest.
Established Member
I went with the 4# with a safe tune... I think going back I would have gotten the 6, HOWEVER i live in New England and its often cold up here. I am very happy with the 4.

SVT Knight

Established Member
good point on the maf extender. you got me thinking #6. but quick Q. wuts the HP increase on both w/ a dyno tune from jj??

bmfgsxr

Established Member
Eds01Lightning said:
If you're getting a dyno tune...I say go for the 6. If you were going the "canned" route I would say 4. With a 6# by all means get an extender for insurance though and you should be fine according to the general concenses!

right on.

jdlightning33

Established Member
Rdslightning said:
I went with the 4# with a safe tune... I think going back I would have gotten the 6, HOWEVER i live in New England and its often cold up here. I am very happy with the 4.

south shore? what part?

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I would say go with a 4# lower if you don't have the blower ported. It will make a lot of heat like others have said. On the other hand it is nice as it will make some good power.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
6# that is the way to go!! In the long run you will be putting more mods on the truck, so why not have that taken care of. One less part that you have to buy later. Go ahead and ger the blower ported when you can. Then it will be all worth it.

SVT Knight

Established Member
would a heat exchanger help disipate the heat to where i wouldnt need a ported blower anytime soon

Users who are viewing this thread