#4 pulley guys in here!!!

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
alright... im goin to the dyno in a lil over a month and i want to know a few things. im gettin a dyno tune and Xcal 2 from Dynospeed Performance with my current mods and a #4 lower. i have three basic questions...
1. What hp/tq numbers are typical for this setup?
2. What et's can i expect (200ft above sea level and about 75*F)?
3. What would i need to do to hit 12.5 with a #4 lower (no port or juice) or is it even possible?

... im trying to justify my decision to get the #4 instead of the #6 cuz im scared of venting my block. not this summer but next summer ill port and add the #6 for sure. thanks guys :thumbsup:

BUstang

Established Member
I thought i was in the cobra forums... Damn you new post button!

Last edited:

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
get a 6lber and a mafia or sct big air......i think thats the only way u have a chance to hit mid 12's.......thats my goal for the summer also.

CWJameson

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I have a 2000
4lb Lower
CAI
None agressive tune

and i run 8.5 all day long
if i had prepared better
20 gallons of gas less and no passenger :)
perhaps i could have hit some 8.2 or maybe even 8.0 in the 1/8th

on average low 8's is high 12's in the quarter

and you have a 373 rear vs my 355
so you should be able to get your goal with a perfect launch

oneqkgt

Established Member
my best with with my 99 and it doesnt have updated intercooler and it had 3.55's was 12.6 at 105mph running 8.0 in the 1/8th 1.69 sixty foot. Thats was with a 2400 stall though.

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
no im not ported... and even though i dont daily drive it i dont wanna put the sixxer on cuz i dont want to risk venting the block... and i wont have enough money for a BA2400. so if i got my #4 and dyno tune and then long bars, and a 2400 stall about what would i be running? i dont have enough money for new rims and slicks and i really dont like the idea of grind my calipers either.

RUthLEss03

11.24@123
Established Member
Try some weight reduction. Remove the tow hitch, passenger seat, don't have more than a 1/4 tank of gas (but no less than 1/8), remove the front sway bar, etc.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
no im not ported... and even though i dont daily drive it i dont wanna put the sixxer on cuz i dont want to risk venting the block... and i wont have enough money for a BA2400. so if i got my #4 and dyno tune and then long bars, and a 2400 stall about what would i be running? i dont have enough money for new rims and slicks and i really dont like the idea of grind my calipers either.

You will need some kind of tire traction for the mid 12's. Nitto 555r's (drag radials) are your next best bet. You can find a set of used rims with slicks for fairly cheap. (300-500) BTW-You don't have to grind the calipers for all rims. Weight reductions as described above will help tremendously.

Last edited:

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
i have 555r's already... i guess ill just try to do as much weight reduction as possible and hope nobody steals it while im running at memphis. and ill just try to stage up as much as possible and try not to spin my ass off. Chris what are your mods? you can PM me if you dont want everyone knowing... thanks for all the reponses guys

chrisheltra

Established Member
Chris what are your mods?

SCT Xcal II w/ custom street and race tune
Steig Stage IV port
6# lower
TR6 plugs
C&L upper plenum
SCT BA2600
Mezier 20 gal/min I/C pump
JLP Supercooler
K&N FIPK