#4 tune on stocker :)

jakhammer

Established Member
I was bored last night. Got out my predator and installed my #4 tune from JLP on my stock truck (well, no pulley). I loved it. Only 14 degrees of timing and i know it was dumping a crap load of fuel, but I felt the difference. I had also changed my shift points and firmness. That second gear snap was impressive. Felt super solid. Only thing that wasnt right was my idle in gear. I figure it was dumping so much fuel the idle was high. Cant complain though, especially since I dont have the #4 on yet. Also did some data logging. Nice to see that my TPS is workling again. All in all, it was a lot of fun to just "play" with everything and get a feel for what I can do with the predator. I get the feeling I will be "playing" a lot at the track this year. Anything to get that extra 10th. I cant wait.

Chris

Your idle isn't controlled by fuel. More fuel would slow it down and they don't usually add fuel in idle since the TB is closed and a "fixed" amount of air is going in.

You can adjust the idle via Predator!
Ryan

jakhammer

Established Member
hmmm, the predator said 825rpm for my idle in drive, but it was more like 1200rpm in drive. idled about 825-900 in park though. Interesting. I may have to look into that. Wont be till friday till I can play again. Gotta "pour it on" at work the next 2 days. These 12 hour days really suck, especially 7pm to 7am. Good thing I have short weeks like these where I only work Wednesday and Thursday.

Ryan, any ideas on why it would idle high when it is supposed to be at 825?

I can play with it after my exhaust goes on. Cant wait for that either.

Chris

You might have a IAC valve sticking. I guess that could be an option but unless it did it before the Predator tune then I just don't see that happening. Try and adjust your in gear and neutral idle a bit to your liking and see what happens! At any case it should be an easy fix!

jakhammer

Established Member
Its fine on the stock tune. must just be a hiccup in the program. Will have to play with it and find out.

Chris

OkiedokieRidge

Established Member
At a guess, but with a 4# pulley, your truck would need to set the idle higher to turn it and maintain the correct idle, due to more drag from larger pulley. Since there is no pulley there, its just upping the rpm. Sound about right to you?

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread