4 years and what's been accomplished?

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
It's been about 4 years since 9/11.
What's really changed?
Why hasn't Osama been caught yet? Is it not a #1 priority anymore?
The taliban's still in operation. Why haven't they been killed yet?
What's been done to prevent future terrorist attacks from happening?
In July, London was attacked. Another 52 people lost their lives.
What's been done, besides "beefing up security?"

I don't understand why we can't find all those responsible and punish accordingly. It's been 4 damned years already!

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I don't think it's ever going to end. They'd rather die than give up and we'd rather continue our foolish pursuit of criminals in other nations without having a real plan to accomplish our goals.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
"Never forget"

Yeah right. It already has been forgotten. I don't see us learning much from the past. Another US disaster in New Orleans and we weren't prepared for that either.

Edit: I also like FordSVTFan's sig:

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Last edited:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Depends on how you look at it, from our stand point nothing has been accomplished. from the thier stand point that nice Mr Bush has moved Americian soldiers to there own back yard so they don't have to go very far to kill Americans...... :(

UCBeau

do you think they actually stopped trying to attack us just because they succeeded once? i hope not....

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
As much as you would like it, it can't be stopped, only reduced. The future holds some nasty terrorist attacks. I just hope my kids arn't around when a nuke goes off.

westtx47

Established Member
Canoodler said:
What's really changed?

I don't understand why we can't find all those responsible and punish accordingly. It's been 4 damned years already!

I don't know all the exact things that have been changed, but changes have been made. This post angers me in that it seems like you are totally ignorant to anything going on in the news or in your country. Sounds like someone is just looking to throw another heated thread at the Bush admin. :bored:

Osama? How are we so sure he's alive at the moment? He's been in hiding for years and the country we're currently hunting around to find his ass is 1000's of miles away. Osama isn't fighting the U.S. but more so he's fighting time until he's caught or blown up. #1 priority? Sure, but would you like to bump the safety levels on our own soil down to number 2? IMO, we've caught more terrorists "in the act or process of" shit than just randomly finding them in the middle of the desert.

The taliban? Will and likely always will be in operation, all they need is someone to take a leadership role. So, would you like to try and eradicate all those who hate the U.S.?! Have fun...it apparently isn't easy. And yes, many members have been killed and captured. But there are 1000's of these bastards.

London attacks...are you trying to put this blame on the U.S.?! :mj: The U.S. can only do as much for London and their subway attacks as England can do for us and our 9/11. It's sad, yes, but terrorists do what they do...kill - and it sucks.

Whats been done? What else would you do, in the case of warding/killing off terrorists, besides beefing up security?! There isn't a whole hell of a lot of options. Sure, I'm sure the "close the borders" will be thrown out there and I'll agree but not for terrorist reasons.

And yeah...its been 4 damned years since 9/11 and we havn't caught them all. It'll likely be 4 more before we catch a few more or before were hit again. But you have to be proud of what all the people in our military are fighting for and the reason behind it. IMO, if the war in Iraq is still going when someone replaces Bush...it'll be quite interesting to see how he/she will handle it.

Oh...and if I took this all out of context, just slap me. I apologize.

Last edited:

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
Look at the fighting and the greed we watch everyday on the news. We have reached the beginning of the end.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Come on guys .... A lot has been done. Is it perfect ... No. It NEVER will be ...It can't be. Could anyone really stop me from putting a couple of guns under my coat this winter and stop me from going into a crowded mall full of shoppers and start to unload? NO. Could anyone really stop me if I wanted to have Taliban beliefs here in the USA ? Nope.
For some reason, everyone EXPECTS the government to be everywhere all the time.
The local gov't can only do so much. If you want to experience it first hand, go to your local police station and ask them if they allow ride alongs. Most of you would shit all over yourself if you did. I did many ride alongs with my buddies in Florida. It certainly opened my eyes.
What is irritating is that there is a lot of good out there that not many people will/want to take the time to recognize. Most get their info from the media. GMAFB.

Fact of life is this. .. These losers are just like all criminals all over the world. They take advantage of bad situations and expose weakness. There certainly haven't been many planes flown into 110 story skyscrapers lately that I am aware of.

If nothing has changed, this would be as common as the local liquor store hold up.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Terrorism will NEVER end. There will always be some sort of cause these extremists will have and if THEY don't, another group will step in for some other random ass reason...

We will never destroy terrorism completely, just deplete it to a point where its unorganized... Sad but true....

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
westtx47 said:
And yeah...its been 4 damned years since 9/11 and we havn't caught them all. It'll likely be 4 more before we catch a few more or before were hit again. But you have to be proud of what all the people in our military are fighting for and the reason behind it. IMO, if the war in Iraq is still going when someone replaces Bush...it'll be quite interesting to see how he/she will handle it.

Oh...and if I took this all out of context, just slap me. I apologize.

No need to apologize for anything that you said. You hit it right on the head. Especially the above quote.

We are damn lucky to live where we do .... I am in no way ashamed of anything ....

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Lets see, when I went to Arizona, Canada, Jamaica, or Florida with my parents a long time ago I don't remember being patted down, and having to remove articles of clothing to get on the airplane. Maybe I just don't have a good memory though.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Lets see, when I went to Arizona, Canada, Jamaica, or Florida with my parents a long time ago I don't remember being patted down, and having to remove articles of clothing to get on the airplane. Maybe I just don't have a good memory though.

well, maybe if we got less political correct, and started patting down/checking those that have in the past killed americans, (young men of Arabic descent) instead of checking a little old lady at the security screening more throughly than the arabs, we wouldn't have some of these problems..

but NO.. that would violate their, the ragheads civil rights..

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I think alot has been accomplished.

The Soviet Union could never finish off Afghanistan. We leveled their ruling party in a month. Women show their faces. Little boys and girls go to school. Soccer fields are used for soccer, not dismembering bread thieves. Of course, this is only the beginning, but the Taliban has no control with the iron fist it did 5 years ago. How many terrorists using it as a base then are dead now? How many foreign nationals in Al Qaida there have been killed or captured?

There hasn't been a terrorist attack in the U.S. That's pretty stunning considering all it takes is one person willing to die, and 9/11 was supposed to be this watershed to activate the global jihadist movement. That's all it takes. If you're motivated enough to die, no one can stop you from killing, and killing anyone you choose. Yet, no terrorist has pulled off a successful attack. Yet. I say yet, because it's inevitable.

For right or wrong, we've created a terrorist killing field in Iraq. How many of the foreign nationals dead in Iraq would be baking cookies in Syria otherwise? I don't care what the rationale is, we've created a distinct divide between us and them, and should that spawn people willing to go to their death in Iraq, so be it.

London is proof you can't be touchy feely. I lived there listening to radical rhetoric for years in the 90's, and the nation let it slide. They let it be the voice of the "oppressed". And who killed fellow Britons? Long opressed immigrant poor people, inflamed by Iraq? Middle class Pakistani's living comfortably among the population, who went from soccer fields and a round at the pub after work, to blowing up civilians.

As for Osama Bin Laden, he's largely marginalized. I could care less if he puts out a tape once a year looking haggard from living his pathetic life in a Pakistani cave. We're not going to enable a hostile coup of a nuclear power by knocking down doors in Karachi. We've killed an unreal number of his associates and cronies globally, and gone on with our daily lives. So what has he accomplished besides being a murderer?

Is our economy bad? Maybe if you're not an economist, unemployment below the natural rate, a CPI that overestimates inflation still says inflation is 1-2%, and GDP has sustained 3+% growth, is bad. So he's a thug murderer.

Have Arab governments been overthrown by radical islamists?

Is America any closer to it's knees?

No, and he'll get his eventually...

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
well, maybe if we got less political correct, and started patting down/checking those that have in the past killed americans, (young men of Arabic descent) instead of checking a little old lady at the security screening more throughly than the arabs, we wouldn't have some of these problems..

I see what you're saying but we can't do what we did during WWII and automatically assume that since they're of a certain decent, they're a threat. I mean, after Pearl Harbor we sent almost every person of Asian decent to a concentration camp no matter how long they had lived in the U.S. I do however feel that when an Arabic person is coming to America from a middle eastern country, it might not be a bad idea to pat them all down. They might be doing that though. I'm not sure.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:

Silver I'll have to agree with you 100%. Little old ladies ( any color ) and kids getting frisked? rofl

Look at it this way, when the DC Sniper was doing their thing, most everyone ( especially inlcuding myself ) prejudged this guy to be some middle aged white militia guy or like that guy who set a bomb in the 1996 atlanta olympics & bombed one or more abortion clinics. I actually tried betting my friends of other colors it was a white dude.
Another way of looking at it; if certain crimes in a certain area are commited by men with the traditional Hell's Angels look, then through the Common Sense process of elimination, we dont look for and suspect people who dont look and dress that way. So, in summary, if you dress " gangsta ", you'll be suspected of criminal behavior. If you look Skinhead, you'll be prejudged according to what skinheads do. This principle goes on down the line.

Plotical correctness is for people with no self esteem & no sense of identity & it achieves about as much as you telling your 500 lb. relative that it looks like they lost about 5 lbs. :beer:

Avenging Angel

Established Member
Canoodler said:
What's really changed?

What has changed is all of the people that are still walking around today because of the past 4 years. All of the similar terrorist attacks that didn't happen because of our efforts in the past 4 years. Yes you don't hear about the attacks that were prevented, but did you actually think that we would have been safer if we had not been actively hunting down terrorists, destroying their training camps & basically making their lives a little more interesting?

As far as Osama, do you know where he is hiding, or if he's still alive? If so tell us & we'll go get him. You'll also be $200 million dollars richer.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
I see what you're saying but we can't do what we did during WWII and automatically assume that since they're of a certain decent, they're a threat.

We also can not sit back and dismiss them as being a possible threat. Shouldn't the safety and well-being of our citizens take first priority instead of possibly offending someone of a particular faith or race? It is a shame that it took an incident of the magnitude that happened on 9/11 for the the gov't to get a bit more stringent with who is allowed into our borders. We all know that every person from the middle east of the muslim faith is not a terrorist but that doesn't mean we should let down our guards. Lets say you got on a plane in JFK airport and you noticed a group of middle eastern men on the plane. Would you get off or would not want to offend someone and stay on the jet? I think I know what many here would say.

Users who are viewing this thread