400 rwhp n/a

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
I was sitting back and I had an idea that I would like to make my 04GT 400 rwhp n/a. Is it at all possible to do so while keeping the 4.6. I know it would be cheaper to do so by going bigger, but that is not what I would like to do. Thanks for your time, and any advice would be great.

Stanger00

Established Member
7000-7300 rpms will help crest the 400hp number. 240ish cam durations, big bore pistons, stock stroke, stock crank (if you're brave), short runner intake (edelbrock), long tubes, TFS heads preferred but stage 3 port PI heads may make it. To make that kind of power you have to spin the motor pretty high.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
With a "built" motor yes, but it's going to be stupif expensive to push 400 out of a 2v N/A. Boost is just a better option.

Stanger00

Established Member
Pretty sure the guy just wants to keep the stock stroke and stock block. However, the block will need to be bored to accept big bore pistons (boss pistons). Stage 3 PI heads big cams are a must. If he can buy TFS heads then get those. The TFS heads will make 20ish more horsepower over stage 3 port PIs out of the box.

1MeanNonPI2v

Established Member
Pretty sure the guy just wants to keep the stock stroke and stock block. However, the block will need to be bored to accept big bore pistons (boss pistons). Stage 3 PI heads big cams are a must. If he can buy TFS heads then get those. The TFS heads will make 20ish more horsepower over stage 3 port PIs out of the box.

No need for a PI head, my hand ported, non PI SVO heads outflow 99% of the stage 3 CNC ported PI heads on the market. The trick flow 195s would make more power, no doubt. I don't think you can use a 90mm plus bore piston in a stock block. That's the whole point of the Boss block, big bore and extra strength. Bottom line is, if you want 400 at the rear wheels from a 2v, why mess around with stock displacement?

bobby_0081

Established Member
I built a Non PI headed, Boss Block, stroker, 11.0:1 and it should put down close to 400 at the tires. Making that power with stock 281 cubic inches will be very difficult.

Here is a link to my engine build http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn-95-new-edge-mustangs-62/855758-my-2v-4-6l-engine-build.html

Did you ever get the car to a chassis dyno? What RWHP number did you achieve and at what RPM? I am looking into doing this and have just started a thread for a 2V 5.3 vs a 03/04 Cobra swap. I have a stock bottom end 2V that made 337 RWHP at under 6K RPM's and I was thinking a Boss 5.3 with my trick flow heads, comp cams and an electric water pump would get me real close to the 400 RWHP number and I needed to I would buy the 2K dollar jesel cam followers (rocker) that I have heard will make an additional 20+ horsepower from a reduction in friction and no flex so you get better cam timing.

Users who are viewing this thread