400AWHP EVO IX RS (stock turbo) vs 447whp shit talking civic (VIDS)

tdi_logik

Established Member
soooo, smokinss ran this dude on friday with him on race gas, and i got out of work late so couldn't join in on the fun.. oh well, smokin mopped his ass up friday night.. however i feel as if the civic was on pump gas it would have been closer because less burning out from him.

saturday night comes along, buddy calls me up asks if i wanna meet up at the wash.. said sure, brought out my daily because i had no intentions on racing, just wanted to meet up, shoot the shit.. so we go on a cruise in my car to another wash... low and behold, the shit talking civic is there with another turbo civic i ran. well, since i missed out on the action, went home grabbed the evo out of the garage went back to the wash and they were gone... SHIT!!!!! so we decide to go on a cruise to another meet spot (it was around mid night)

now i'm getting off the exit about to turn into the park and ride and who is pullin out?!!!!!! THE TURBO CIVIC.. I immediatly turn around and follow there pack on the highway.. i was staying behind them and one of their boyz in a new eclipse is pointing me forward (yea, no shit i know) so the road opens up and i pull up next to him, told him a 40.. gave him a 40 and burnout fest from him and i shut down at 120-125~ (evo iX short 4th FTL) so we go again from a 40, same result put a few cars on him..

now my fuel light comes on.. told the dudez to follow me to the gas station to get some more e85.. i fuel up, hes lowering tire pressure ( mickey thompson DR's) so he asks for a 60 at the gas station.. ehh alright what ever since from a 40 its nothing special

well we hop back on the highway, now from a 60... im brake boosting, hes trying too (after i told him at the gas station to brake boost LOL) 3 beeps, i holeshot him two cars and by 120 hes at my door

once again, 60 roll i brake boost, he tries to but idk, i hole shot him and by 120 hes a car behind

so now we turn around on the highway, i ask for my 40 roll again.. same deal im brake boosting he is too, 3 beeps and i holeshot him and by 120-125~ hes about 2-3 cars behind and not gaining

now we go from a 600 again.. this time i miss 4th

jeez, now again, a 60 roll, same scenario... i jump a couple cars and he ends up at my back door... ok we are done. wait..... :dw:

we are on our way home and he rolls up next to me and asks for a 60 roll again, i said after the u turn, he said ok..

soooo 60 roll, both brake boosting and now i jump maybe a car and hes swaying back and forth all over the road ALMOST HITS ME then he lets out and that was that

dude needs an LSD... BAD.

i didn't get all vids on camera, plus my budy was recording into the b pillar so not much to see but here goes.. i'm gonna try and get vids from the other kid..

40 roll
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWshvcmENoY"]YouTube - IMG 1337[/nomedia]
40 roll pt 2
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP7L46HHQlE"]YouTube - evo IX stock turbo 400whp vs 30R 450whp turbo civic pt 2 40-120[/nomedia]

60 mis shift
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9F86jJNXE0"]YouTube - evo IX stock turbo 400whp vs 30R 450whp turbo civic pt 3 60-120[/nomedia]
60 roll pt whatever
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKlEYLms5ac"]YouTube - evo IX stock turbo 400whp vs 30R 450whp turbo civic 60-120[/nomedia]

i'll run into him a few weeks again, getting retuned with more boost and a shearer fab o2 housing so better vids will be had

my car is
06 evo IX RS
intake/maf pipe
FP 18psi actuator
megan o2 housing
buschur vband TBE
buschur FMIC
LICP
TiAL Q BOV
hallmann MBC
pte 1200cc injectors/wally 255
400~ on 30psi on e85
350whp on 24psi on pump 93

everything else stock

civic is 1998
30r on 16psi
ported head
pro1 cams
benson sleeved 84mm
tial Q bov
mishimoto IC :nonono:
M/T drag radials, pretty brand new
GSR tranny
447 whp on 93
550 on c16

kid is actually a good dude, was not shit talking to me, however he did not want to run me from a dig LOL

Last edited:

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
LOL I look forward to a summer of kill threads on this guy =)

And obviously he didnt shit talk you, a turbo Civic losing to an EVO is okay in the Land of the Rising Sun. Losing to a Camaro is a dishonor to your family.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
dam OP! me and you have near identical mods (aside from the intercooler which isnt ncessary untill the 440 awhp mark)

nice to know what kind of cars i can take on now ;-)

have you and the guy with the N20 SS ever gone at it? how long can you hang with him?

tdi_logik

Established Member
An intercooler is most defiantly needed. Anything more than 350whp it's due for replacement otherwise it heatsoaks FAST.

Yea I've run the ss from a 60 with him on a 100 shot, he puts a car or so on me by 120..

We never run from my 20/40 but we will this year.

Users who are viewing this thread