$400k McLaren 675 LT vs Tuned Porsche 991 Turbo S - P Car better than than expected

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Someone talk me out of buying one of these. Looking at all different cars for this summer. Z06, hurracan, r8, mclaren, tesla, Amg gtr, etc

I love the idea of being able to drive the Porsche across the country and all year long. Just don't know how fun it would be to drive though

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I suggest driving one before pulling the trigger. The suspension is quite stiff and the handling is ... well, it's a 911.

If Porsche ever makes a true mid-engine version of the 911TT, it's going to be a stellar street car.

natedog_1959

Established Member
Anybody that was expecting the McLaren to win doesn't know a whole lot about cars. The Porsche was likely well over 600 HP with AWD. I'm impressed the McLaren was mid 10's. I thought it would get murdered.

Nate

Never_Enough

Established Member
Someone talk me out of buying one of these. Looking at all different cars for this summer. Z06, hurracan, r8, mclaren, tesla, Amg gtr, etc

I love the idea of being able to drive the Porsche across the country and all year long. Just don't know how fun it would be to drive though
Love my Z06, but in that $ range, I'm not even looking at a C7Z. I'd go McLaren

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I suggest driving one before pulling the trigger. The suspension is quite stiff and the handling is ... well, it's a 911.

If Porsche ever makes a true mid-engine version of the 911TT, it's going to be a stellar street car.

Can't be stiffer than that in my gtr. Gtr is the least comfortable car for me to drive. My two issues with a mclaren, or other high hp rwd car is that for 8 months out of the year here, it's cold, and traction is a huge issue at that power level.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yah, AWD is a big plus for street driving traction. The 911 suspension is not quite as stiff as the GTR, but it's rough compared to the mid-engine cars. And, the handling is weird with all that weight out back.

Ever looked at the Audi R8?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Yah, AWD is a big plus for street driving traction. The 911 suspension is not quite as stiff as the GTR, but it's rough compared to the mid-engine cars. And, the handling is weird with all that weight out back.

Ever looked at the Audi R8?
Honestly, that's on my list of cars to check out this spring when I go car shopping. I can't believe those cars are running mid/upper 10's, and I love the interior on my Audi.

Users who are viewing this thread