42 trim turbo questions

GABULLITT3170

Established Member
yeah i know that i could get one off ebay but i already have this and basically got it for 150 brand new. what kind of hp numbers would i possibly see and what work would be needed to make my 2v handle the turbo? about how much money also..

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
with a 42mm I dont think you would need to build the motor because I doubt that it will make much more than 400whp (i could be wrong). The only thing you need to worry about on a turbo gt is floating the exhaust valves under boost. Its a very good idea to put in some upgraded valvesprings. Youll need some fuel mods too. Like 42lb injectors, svt focus pump, and at least a lightning mass air flow meter.

GABULLITT3170

Established Member
yeah but with that size turbo wouldnt i need to do a lot of internal work??? i was hoping with this 42 trim i could run about 9 lbs and just do fuel mods and not have to realy mess with internals.? anyone with suggestions please list price of turbo and kit needed if there is a kit..

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
yeah but with that size turbo wouldnt i need to do a lot of internal work??? i was hoping with this 42 trim i could run about 9 lbs and just do fuel mods and not have to realy mess with internals.? anyone with suggestions please list price of turbo and kit needed if there is a kit..

no, you could run 9lbs with this one too. This turbos good till about 850rwhp, and its only 550$ NEW

Allen2001GT

Established Member
+2 on what they said. no point in using that small of a turbo and second do not buy one off of ebay. that will be your first and last mistake because you will have nothing left. 62mm like ls1killer suggested is good with a quick spool efficency, i had a 70mm on mine and didn't have a problems spooling, saw full spool/boost around 3100 rpm, and the 76mm suggested is also a great buy if you're considering going bigger in the future.

Last edited:

option2

Established Member
A .42 trim is TINY...i had one of those a few years back that i was going to be using on a turbo saturn. The saturn was a 1.9l twin cam...and i ended up not going with it because they run out of steam up top..i cant imagine what it would be like on a 4.6...

Users who are viewing this thread