424 rwhp with irs- sketchy?

Kartracer

Established Member
Hey Guys,
I have heard/read quite a few threads about people with good horse power having trouble at the drag strip with the IRS. I have never taken it to the track but since I have had to sell the kart I am getting the itch to see what she can do at the ole drag strip. It spins all the way thru 2nd but stays pretty straight on the street. Do I need to be worried about putting my baby in to the wall at the strip?

It's an 01 with a blower, sub frame connectors and bilsteins all the way around if that helps you help me.

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
FLSFC and some sticky tires should do the trick. Just get out of it if you start to feel it hop otherwise you should be fine. There are some guys out here running at the track with the irs putting out a lot more power without issues.

I would be more worried about breaking a half shaft than hitting a wall.

Check out www.highperformancestangs.com if you want to find some people in the area and go to some track nights out here, I believe there are some guys going to Firebird on the 24th

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
~450whp for me and i can launch great on the street. Last track day (with 405whp) i was getting 2.2 60ft's running in street trim and no waterbox/burnout, with 45psi in my tires. I would get slight hop leaving the line but that was it, modulate the throttle and the hop usually works itself otu.

Users who are viewing this thread