463/473 SAE RWHP/TQ, is this the wall w/ the L pulley?

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Assume stock throttle body and blower inlet pipe, no long tube headers or off road pipes.. has anyone beat that with any statiscal significance? In other words, is there a tuning edge (doubt it) or other mod (doubt it) that can shed more? Do shortys help at that level? Reason I'm asking is I saw 2 O3's this weekend w/ different air intakes, and similar but different exhaust systems but down IDENTICAL numbers (see subject line).. so I'm thinking w/ good air intake and decent exhaust they are no longer the restriction no matter what brand you use (on a dyno at least). Looking for the next restriction if there is one.

BTW: our stock plugs suck.. saw a stock 03' misfire bad w/ the factory setup.. the other two did better but already had NGK's in.. thinking < .40 gap is needed at this point.

Last edited:

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
Jerry, I'll find out before anyone spends money needlessly if there are any more gains possible with the MAF system.

Many customers have related GREAT results with both the NGKs and the Densos.

Both do a better job at quenching detonation, with noticeably improved throttle response.

ronreid03

Established Member
I had the NGK plugs gapped at 0.040 and had significant blow out out top end according to my dyno-tuner. I could feel some hesitation and loss of power. I regapped them to 0.035 at their recommendation and the top end performance "feels" much better.

Ron

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
cool.. that must have been my problem at the dyno tune then jerry... ill regap those plugs and see what happens.. thx for the info ron
sky

david smilovic

Established Member
The fuel delivery systems on these cars can only support 500 give or take 25 HP.Look at pump pressure,no return lines,diameter offuel lines.etc....
Next month I will attempt to publish what needs replacing in theory but all my bays are tied up till about 11-18-02,so in theory I have it down,when it works I will let you know for sure.It does seem that 99 and earlier with fuel return line would work LPE uses this setup on there 427 C5R Twin Turbo.I own one and its flawless.Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread