4R70W terminator swap!!!

NICEBLK03

SO FAST YET SO BEAUTIFUL
Established Member
I have a stock 02 GT 4R70W with a lentech manual valve body with trans brake. And stock converter.

TCI deep aluminum pan
Dip stick
SFI Flexplate
Harness with the wiring done to go in a cobra
B&M hammer shifter complete with cable and everything needed
Crossmember
Driveshaft

Everything except the pinion flange if you still have the IRS and trans cooler and lines.

Trans is in perfect condition, i have had no problems with it. Just selling to move to a 3 speed as i don't drive the car on the HWY.

NEW PRICE 1600.00 and i'll split the shipping

Last edited:

mach1gsxr

Established Member
I have a stock 02 GT 4R70W with a lentech manual valve body with trans brake. And stock converter.

TCI deep aluminum pan.

Harness with the wiring done to go in a cobra.

B&M hammer shifter.

Trans is in perfect condition, i have had no problems with it. Just selling to move to a 3 speed as i don't drive the car on the HWY.

1500.00 plus shipping Valve body was 1000.00 by it's self.

Was the transmission built any? How much power were you making when using it? How many miles and passes at the track does this setup have on it?

Would you part any of it out?

NICEBLK03

SO FAST YET SO BEAUTIFUL
Established Member
do you need to change computers to run this in an 03-04?
No comupter change is needed. Trans is manualy shifted. all wiring is done, reverse lights work, reads all 02 sensors, speedo works when you change the reading(tuner can do no problem)

Was the transmission built any? How much power were you making when using it? How many miles and passes at the track does this setup have on it?

Would you part any of it out?
The trans is stock, I was told that it would handle 700hp in stock form. My car was only making 47x with the stick bfore the swap. So maybe 430 or so throught the auto.
I have maybe 2500 miles on it and 4 passes before i got kick out of the track.(2 seperate occasions)

I really don't want to part it out. i have a few people interested in the whole setup. What are you interested in?

Last edited:

NICEBLK03

SO FAST YET SO BEAUTIFUL
Established Member
I am also adding a PA SFI flexplate for a cobra(8 bolt crank), crossmember, and stock driveshaft(just to get you rolling)

New price 1650.00 plus shipping

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Interested. I did not think that a stock 4r70w could hold 700hp. I thought that they were only good for only around 500hp. Is there any way to confirm that information. Also is the drive shaft correct size and will it fit directly on to a 03 cobra?

NICEBLK03

SO FAST YET SO BEAUTIFUL
Established Member
Theres no way i can confirm that but i have heard of several people in the 9's on the stock trans with just a valve body upgrade. And did it for a while, like a year. I heard ford really underated this trans.

Yes it is the correct length but you would need to change the pinion flange to the one that is on any solid rear. The cobra one is larger.

My car made 47x with the 6 speed. so thats like 550 to the flywheel. My trans is great and i will take anybody for a ride. Just going to a 3 speed cause the car sees no HWY use and just don't need the over drive. Have plans to make big power and think in the long run the 4R will let me down, Even if it was built by Lentech or somebody.

Last edited:

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
So all I need to get my car running with your set up is a pinion flange? I could prob go to a junk yard and pull one off a wrecked GT correct?
Also could you post some pics of everything.

NICEBLK03

SO FAST YET SO BEAUTIFUL
Established Member
You would need the pinion flange, trans cooler and the lines and fittings.

The trans is still in the car. Wanted to leave it in for anybody to take a test drive in it.

I don't have the 3 speed yet so no need for it to sit in the shop on th floor.

Users who are viewing this thread