4R70W vs 4R75E mechanical shift.

Rossco

Established Member
Av searched for a while on forums, Google and even emailed a few dealers with no luck, Cannot get in contact with Winters either.

I want to fit a gated shifter to my project truck, 2004 F150 4R75E tranny. One of these:

Art-Carr-Winters-Shifter-D2-400.jpg

Anyhow, They only list for the 4R70W. Well iam just wondering if the shift throw lever and linkage's are the same / simmilar?

Iam sure I could fab it to work but Iam up to my eyes in 'Make it fit' projects. Just want something to work for a change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rossco

Established Member
The 4R70-75 is the same as far as shift lever goes. They all use a shifter cable from the shifter to actuate the shift rod in the valve body.

Yeah thanks.

Was wondering if the throw distance is the same so a 4R70W gate will work with a 4R75E.

Anyhow, waiting for final pricing tomorrow and I will try it out.

Rossco

Established Member
The 4R70 & 75 all move the same internally in the VB, so only the shifter itself will be the difference physically but will work.

Good answer thanks.

The only potential problem would be the transmission linkage kit.

It comes with a new linkage shaft that passes through the case and actuates the rooster tail.

Would this be the same even though it passes through the position sensor? Does a 4R70W have the same position sensor? I assume the only electrical difference is the additional speed sensors.

I found plenty of exploded diagrams and they indicate a few different shafts.

Rossco

Established Member
Here is the linkage pic. It states for the AODE but its all generic.

The shaft. Need to know if its compatible?

image_zps6749557b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread