4v Rebuild Bolts

E2Dac

Mystic
Established Member
im bout to do a complete tear down on my 4v 96 cobra motor what bolts do u recommend buying new ? i will b using head studs new...should any other bolts b replaced? im just about to order all my stuff and wanna get everything i need the first time around..thanks

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
all of the tty bolts need to be replaced:
crank bolt
cam bolts
main cap side bolts

make sure that if you take the cam towers off of the heads that you use a tq wrench that reads in inches not feet. they only take 8 in lb before they break.

rideorange812

Established Member
Depending on if you have 10mm bolts I strongly recommend arp. I manage to brake one but imagine if I used a stock bolt. I woul use arp everything personally but this Is your own discretion

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Depending on if you have 10mm bolts I strongly recommend arp. I manage to brake one but imagine if I used a stock bolt. I woul use arp everything personally but this Is your own discretion

x2. I also retapped all bolt holes in my heads and upgraded to grade 8 bolts instead of the piece of shit bolts they come with stock

rideorange812

Established Member
I agree with you, spinning 7,000 rpms on just a stock motor not considering those who push for more is scary with those bolts. I heard of quite a few breaking from local hot rodders with mod motors.

Users who are viewing this thread