5.0 Auto- change transmission fluid every 150,000 miles per manual or sooner? Other?

whiteGT

Established Member
I want my stock 2014 auto gt to last 300,000 miles and wanted to get your opinion about fluid change intervals and fluids. The manual states 150,000 before auto trans fluid change, 100,000 miles before rear end fluid change, follow the engine oil change computer or 10,000 miles whichever is first, first radiator fluid change at 100,000 miles. Who has seen the fluids at the changes, done any wear metals test and what does those with experience recommend? Dealer wants $200 for auto trans fluid, $125 for rear end and $40 for engine oil change. Are amsoil products that much better that there is less noise and better gas mileage then the ones in the ford fluid specs? Should i change brake fluid at 150,000 miles?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
It's still easy to fill the tranny. Bottle pump and tube. Put back what came out on the filter swap. Lv looks like crap way before its time to change it. Tranny fluid is critical ,so to me, why chance it. I swap tranny fluid on autos every 30k miles.

Sleipnir 5O

Established Member
Go by severe service change intervals for trans and rear end for peace of mind. I think its 50-60k for rear end and trans change intervals. That's if stock. Modded I would do 30k intervals if it were me.

whiteGT

Established Member
I guess i will do trans and rear end fluids at 50k and try to look at old fluid to determine if change intervals can be extended.

Users who are viewing this thread