5.0 Coyote SN95 swap??

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
Ok, so I need a few opinions. Im REALLY thinking about selling my 331, and swapping in the new Coyote 5.0 from the 2011's. They are dimensionally very similar to the 4.6 mod motors, and I could make the engine fit pretty easily, and use the Ford Racing harness to get everything up and running. The only issue Id really forsee would be transmission fitment. Id LOVE to go with the 6spd that come in the new cars(Auto preferably, its a drag oriented car), but idk how it will fit in an SN95 hull. To my understanding the bellhousing has 4.6 bolt patterns, so a 4R70W may work if the 6spd doesnt..

All in all I think it would be a cool swap, and should move pretty good, seeing how my car is well over 500lbs lighter than a new GT. Im thinking with just intake, custom made headers/exhaust, and a tune it should go mid 11's with ease. And naturally Id spray the car :lol:

If anyone has any info that would help out, or insight feel free to add it. Thanks guys!!:thumbsup:

Didn't some shop put a C4 in one of the new 5.0s? Why not go that route if it's a dedicated drag car? Might not be the greatest choice if it'll see much street use, but it would be simple and reliable. An AOD could be another option and would be more street-worthy.

Sounds like a really cool swap! Good luck man.

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Didn't some shop put a C4 in one of the new 5.0s? Why not go that route if it's a dedicated drag car? Might not be the greatest choice if it'll see much street use, but it would be simple and reliable. An AOD could be another option and would be more street-worthy.

Sounds like a really cool swap! Good luck man.

I did think about the C4, but Id really like to shift the car to more of a streetable setup, as thats where I have the most fun with it :D

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I saw a blog or website where some guy was already starting to put one into a fox body. can't remember where i got the link from.

Users who are viewing this thread