5.0 Coyote vs. SRT-8

Deuuuce

Established Member
Last night in Mexico I noticed a new 5.0 driving a bit aggressively.

Sure enough we (GF and I) caught up to it casually and tossed a rev while in 3rd gear.

He either heard it or saw the car and caught up to me.

Finally we got an opening but he went ahead at 4 CLs in front of me instead of waiting for me to catch up.

This was in the meat of 3rd gear and I was gaining on him slowly before we backed off. He flashed his hazards and I had a good chuckle.

Sure enough, we took the same exit and at the light I told him I was gaining when he flashed his lights. He said he had 3 passengers and a canned tune. His exhaust sounded great. I told him I was at 398rwhp (91octane) dyno tuned.

We went our separate ways and he went straight with a great shift into 2nd that stepped out the rear end. Judging by the size of his passenger, him and the room that car has in the back seat, they didn't have 100lbs more than us in occupants. I was on 1/2 tank.

Not sure if he had a 3.73 or a 3.31 but it was a 6M and at the speed we went, I kinda figured I would be closing on him. I would love a run from a dig or low speed roll.

Either way, that's a really nice car and a far better choice for the strip, no doubt.

THAITED

Established Member
Last night in Mexico I noticed a new 5.0 driving a bit aggressively.

Sure enough we (GF and I) caught up to it casually and tossed a rev while in 3rd gear.

He either heard it or saw the car and caught up to me.

Finally we got an opening but he went ahead at 4 CLs in front of me instead of waiting for me to catch up.

This was in the meat of 3rd gear and I was gaining on him slowly before we backed off. He flashed his hazards and I had a good chuckle.

Sure enough, we took the same exit and at the light I told him I was gaining when he flashed his lights. He said he had 3 passengers and a canned tune. His exhaust sounded great. I told him I was at 398rwhp (91octane) dyno tuned.

We went our separate ways and he went straight with a great shift into 2nd that stepped out the rear end. Judging by the size of his passenger, him and the room that car has in the back seat, they didn't have 100lbs more than us in occupants. I was on 1/2 tank.

Not sure if he had a 3.73 or a 3.31 but it was a 6M and at the speed we went, I kinda figured I would be closing on him. I would love a run from a dig or low speed roll.

Either way, that's a really nice car and a far better choice for the strip, no doubt.
I hate that ricer style "flashing a hazardous lights." Good run.

Users who are viewing this thread