5.0 Engine build question

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
I would like to build a 5.0 347ci Stroker engine. I was thinking about buying a ~$500 engine/tranny combo out of a ~1990 Mustang GT. I would tear the whole thing down and sandblast the appropriate components and then paint them. If I buy an Eagle 347 Stroker kit will it fit into the engine without modification? If no, What modification is required? Does anyone have experience with a project like this, how did it turn out?

saleen012

Established Member
you have to take the block to a machine shop and have them prep it. the cylinders have to be bored out. I don't kow how much though. A good machine shop will know if you tell them you have a 347 stroker in mind
keep in mind that a stock block only handles about 500 hp

Got Boost?

Established Member
it should fit in fine after you get the block machined to 347 ci, and as saleen stated the stock fox blocks only are good to 500 hp before you have to worry about splitting one, by the way if you build the engine ditch that trans, im sure you were planning to anyway but stock fox trans are shit

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
Put a windsor in it

Buy time you spend all the money on the "correct parts" not what everyone says.It would be cheaper to build a windsor I did that and it cost about $3500 dollars for the whole thing and it runs 11.0"s on motor.Just my to .02 cents

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
Machine shop can do all the honing and boring to get you where you want to be. Not a very expensive process either. Experiment626 has a point also. Personally, I'm partially to the 331.

Users who are viewing this thread