5.0 notch vs 98 cobra

Datswhatshesaid

Established Member
last night i was following my buddies notch and we get to a nice straight spot on the high way and he slows down and i get beside him we were running about 60 and he motioned for me to go so i punched and pull at least a car on him by the top of 3rd hit 4th and let off. not much of a race but it was fun. his mods are b cam, full exhaust, intake, 373s and some other bolt ons. my mods are high flow filter, ford racing shories (last runner on driver side is cracked and leaking pretty bad) and upr off road x and weld in flows, imrcs tied open and 410s. we ran once b4 a few months ago and my imrcs got stuck shut and hes been talking crap ever since now not so much lol. when i get the header fixed were gonna run from a 20 and see what happens.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice kill. No heads on the notch? I wonder how this would go if he was HCI with his other mods?

Make sure to get video of the 20 roll, that I want to see.

StangJason

Established Member
Nice kill. No heads on the notch? I wonder how this would go if he was HCI with his other mods?

Make sure to get video of the 20 roll, that I want to see.

Yeah I'm thinking the cam isn't doing much for him without at least a head port. It's not the best 5.0 cam but I guess it's helping him a bit more than a stock one.

The 5.0 best chance against your car the way it sits is from a stop so I can't imagine why he would ever give you the jump. When I beat cars in my 87 LX at the track (A new gen Lightning even) it was usually because my car was lighter and could get off the line quicker not because of its power.

Datswhatshesaid

Established Member
ill make sure theres a vid next time. the b cam really helps the tq even with out heads. but theyre coming in the future. ill have a hard time out running him once he gets everything on it. i know ill have to spray mine lol. its hard to compete with a push rod motor na to na with a mod motor. ive rode in the car for a 1st-3rd pull and it runs very well. i know im gonna have to reel him in from a 20

Users who are viewing this thread