5.0L modding advice needed!

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Well I just got a 95 GT 5spd as a DD, I want to do bolt ons, cobra intake and the E303 cam. Now I am new to the 5.0 so I have a few q's. Which intake mani should I get, Cobra or TrickFlow, it sounds like the TF adds more power and is only lie $15 more. I would also like to point out that I am staying with stock heads for a while(AFR's are pricey). Oh and what cam would be better for this E303 or F303? Sorry for all the questions I just want to make a plan to stick to.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Depends on what you want on the intake. The TF is a bit more towards the high end range, while it would provide a better basis for AFR heads in the future.

I'll have to find the number, but the "baby" Comp cams roller is better than the Motorsports cams. Want to say its a 264HR or something similar.

Are you wanting a little torque monster, or something that will go ahead and rev a little? The Cobra intake with the E cam and stock heads will definitely be a grunt junky.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
e303 is more of a mild street cam, and the f303 is a more aggressive cam. I would go with a TF Intake with a 65mm throttle. If you want gears, 3.73's are the way to go. Also look into a Hpipe and catback.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
mblgjr said:
Depends on what you want on the intake. The TF is a bit more towards the high end range, while it would provide a better basis for AFR heads in the future.

I'll have to find the number, but the "baby" Comp cams roller is better than the Motorsports cams. Want to say its a 264HR or something similar.

Are you wanting a little torque monster, or something that will go ahead and rev a little? The Cobra intake with the E cam and stock heads will definitely be a grunt junky.
Well it will be a daily driver so the low-end would make it more fun. It is a very budget build that will take some time. My long term goal is 12's all-motor.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
I had a 94 GT and here's what I did.
Trick Flow Street Heat Intake, Cai, 70MM TB, E303 Cam (Mild Lope Good Torque) Mac O/R Prochamber, and Mac Catback, 3.55 Gears. It was a torque Monster down low. Now granted it's not like you cobra but.... IMO TFS Intake is def worth it and maybe the E cam or I've also heard good things about the "BABY" cam. and do something about that exhaust too, get rid of those stocker REALLY RESTRICTIVE cats off the 94/95 5.0's. One more thing to be weary of if you go with a cam that has more than .500 lift you'll have to get a 88-93 ECU and have it reporgrammed or you'll be chasing an idling problem ghost forever. I had to do the same thing with the E303 Cam.

Got Boost?

Established Member
look into the trickflow track heat engine kit, its about $2100 and comes with intake, heads, cam, everyhting needed to get it all together (pushrods, roller rockers, head studs, bolts, gaskets) if you put this kit on ill garentee you 300rwhp minimum, then if you want to spend a little more money do the exhaust too

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Got Boost? said:
look into the trickflow track heat engine kit, its about $2100 and comes with intake, heads, cam, everyhting needed to get it all together (pushrods, roller rockers, head studs, bolts, gaskets) if you put this kit on ill garentee you 300rwhp minimum, then if you want to spend a little more money do the exhaust too

+1

Users who are viewing this thread