5-10-92

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
.....was the last time I had a drink.

Dunno why I feel compelled to post here, perhaps there's a LEO out there wondering if the job is worth it, or whatever.

But that was DUI #5 for me (only 3 on paper, but I know the truth that the other 2 were DUIs).

I'm fairly certain the cop that pulled me over that night had no idea he saved my life.

So, thanks to that cop in Brunswick, Ohio. And if you happen to see a Bullitt with an "R" wing doing warp speed on the freeway, maybe just this time look the other way :)

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
He is just thanking the cop that pulled him over that night. He said he pretty much saved his life. Atleast thats what I got out of the post.

jshen

Established Member
Good For You

Takes a lot to overcome the addiction of alcohol or drugs. Everyday I see/hear someone saying they'll quit...but they're back in no time. Good to hear you've done it. :thumbsup:

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
johnny-longtors said:
.....was the last time I had a drink.

Dunno why I feel compelled to post here, perhaps there's a LEO out there wondering if the job is worth it, or whatever.

But that was DUI #5 for me (only 3 on paper, but I know the truth that the other 2 were DUIs).

I'm fairly certain the cop that pulled me over that night had no idea he saved my life.

So, thanks to that cop in Brunswick, Ohio. And if you happen to see a Bullitt with an "R" wing doing warp speed on the freeway, maybe just this time look the other way :)

Congrats Don!

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Thanks guys, and yes, this was my dorky attempt at a thank you as I don't imagine LEOs get too many "Thanks for the DUI" cards in the mail (although Hallmark is based in Cleveland, so I wouldn't be that surprised...).

I've kinda made up my mind to try and find the officer in question and just say hey (if it's possible). It's going to be raining all weekend here anyway, so I might as well work on a little internal sunshine. I've seen my former parole officer a couple times in the intervening years (OK, she's a hotty), and it's been kinda nice to do that. I'm sure the guy won't remember me, but it's as much for my sake as anyone's.... besides, it will be kinda cool to see what the jail looks like when you come in _front_ door....

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
A drunk driver killed my father and robbed me of the ability to walk for almost 2 years.

That being said, glad to hear you stopped and stick to it. If you can use my story for motivation, please do.

Take care

Users who are viewing this thread