5/16" Wheel Spacer, Safe to use?

PhantomX

Established Member
So I put the replica Boss Laguna Seca rims on and the fronts sat just a touch to far inside for me. So I thought I could throw just a small spacer in there to push them out the little bit they needed. Well it looks much better with the spacers in even just that 1/4" extra pushed out.

Question is are these things safe? I grabbed some ones from autozone, again not running anything nuts just a 5/16" of inch. I still get 7-8 turns on the lugs when putting them on. I've got them torqued to 100lbs as well. Anyone else run these? Anyone have issues?

I'd hate to be doing 140 on roll race and have a wheel take a hike...

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If they are not hubcentric you could have issues. I run 7/8 inch hubcentric with better studs. No problems.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I don't think they make hubcentric in such a small size... they are tiny barely more than 1/4"

Pay attention to your steering wheel for any vibration and let em buck. There are more than a few guys running them, and you never really hear to much bad on the thin ones. Maybe retorque the wheels more often.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I have used them on a few cars for years, while not the best idea they aren't bad unless you live in an area with a ton of salt on the rds. But most ppl don't drive their stang in the winter to really worry about that.

Check them often, but don't stress over it....you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread