5.4 Sullivan intake brand new

MUSTLX50

Established Member
SOLD

hoganintake.jpg

I have a brand new Sullivan intake for a 5.4 DOHC motor. This intake has been powder coated and comes with the rails and a costum water neck also. Will sell everything for $1200 shipped, thanks.

Last edited:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Well im in the market for some gt or gt500 heads for my 4v swap into my lightning so if this intake will fit those 2 heads I am definitely interested.

MUSTLX50

Established Member
Checked with some of the Mod Motor guys around here and they say it will definatly work, let me know. Thanks for the interest.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
What heads will this fit? GT500 or cobra /navi? Pm me about it please

Without some serious grinding and epoxy work this intake will not fit GT heads, I know, I've done two.

The ports are also too large for Cobra (99/01 and 03/04) heads. The ports in the heads cannot be enlarged enough to match the intake.

The Sullivan is only a direct bolt-on for Navi heads.

This images illustrates the difference between the Navi and GT ports (navi heads/GT gaskets):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a Sullivan modifed for GT heads (not one I did):

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I know you know way more than me. I can understand that on a N/A combo but with twin 67mm turbos you really think?

Posted by SSP

What's good for n/a is good for FI and what's bad for FI is bad for n/a.

I can show you dyno graphs where we replaced sullivans with stock intakes and made over 100rwhp and 100 ft lbs at 4k while making the same peak power.

In the case if a 5.4, the Sullivan will make more power above 6600 but up to 6600 the Cobra R will out perform it in a big way.

Last edited:

MUSTLX50

Established Member

Well it all depends on the engine combo and what it will be intended for. You just cant say that, it also has alot to do with what power adders your using and like you stated, most stock mod motors are fine at 7K rpms but if you modify them they will run up to 8K rpms fine, and that is a broder power band than just taking them to 7K. As the other gentleman stated, he is looking to do a twin setup and if he builds it right he can turn it up to 7500-8000 rpms without a problem.

MUSTLX50

Established Member

I can show you dyno graphs where we replaced sullivans with stock intakes and made over 100rwhp and 100 ft lbs at 4k while making the same peak power.

In the case if a 5.4, the Sullivan will make more power above 6600 but up to 6600 the Cobra R will out perform it in a big way.

That comparison is N/A or forced induction?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
That comparison is N/A or forced induction?

both n/a and FI

You just cant say that, it also has alot to do with what power adders your using and like you stated, most stock mod motors are fine at 7K rpms but if you modify them they will run up to 8K rpms fine, and that is a broder power band than just taking them to 7K. As the other gentleman stated, he is looking to do a twin setup and if he builds it right he can turn it up to 7500-8000 rpms without a problem.

90% of all turbo combos have a shift point of 7000 or below, most are in the 6500 range. The reason is that the transmissions available for a mod motor don't like shifting much higher.

Once again, what's good for FI is good for n/a. The only thing that matters when determing the best intake is the RPM range where power is wanted. So, if you want power at 7500 the Sullivan would be great voth FI and n/a. If you want power at 8000rpm the sullivan would once again be great. If you want the most average power with a shift point of 7000 or below, the Cobra R would be the best option for FI and n/a. The amount of air being forced in has bearing the optimum length of the intake runners; the optimum runner length is determined by the engein's RPM range.

So, if it's good for FI it's good for n/a.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread