5# difference in case anyone cares

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I was flushing my brake fluid today, so while the wheels were off, I decided to check their weight.

I put on 18" FR500's (in black) with Nitto 265/35ZR18's a while back and still had my stock wheels, so I broke out the scale to see how much difference in the weights. I got appox 45# for the stock 03 wheels with stock tires (worn about 3/4th down). The FR500's with almost new Nittos came out at approx 50#.

I may have more unsprung weight, but those FR500's sure do draw comments, and the Nitto's nearly eliminated my wheelhop. Now I have to swallow the pill.

Oh yeah, the brakes feel much more solid now and at 17K miles, still have a little more life.

Giddy Up.

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
Some people get really anal about unsprung weight, but I really doubt the average sporty driver will notice an addition 5 lbs at each corner. If you have no complaints with the FR500s, then who cares about the weight difference?

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
thanks.
I was posting mainly because I have seen other threads asking about weight differences between stock wheels and aftermarket. It would be interesting (to me, anyway) to see the weights of other wheel/tire combinations. I'd especially like to see some weights of wheels advertised as "light weight".

Users who are viewing this thread