5 micron oil filter

440sprint

Established Member
While working on the CC puzzle, there was mention of an engine oil by-pass filter. This 5-10 micron extra oil filter may be my next add-on!

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions here?

Myfast70

Established Member
Not sure which your talking about (link would be great) but I went ahead and bought a K&P Performance reusable oil filter and ordered it without a bypass.

Koz

I'm an oil fanatic and have installed/used oil bypass system and can tell you they are amazing. It will provide the BEST engine oil protection possible. It filters contaminants out of the oil at 98.7 percent to 2 microns every ten minutes the engine is running. Basically you will be running perfectly clean oil ALL the time. On my last vehicle I ran this system for 40K miles without changing the oil and the UOAs (used oil analysis) showed no end in sight.

Note – Up to 80% of engine wear occurs during start-up, this is the time the oil takes to reach the vital parts of the engine. This is why the winter (0w-50) rating on the oil is so important in protecting your engine (the lower the winter rating the better pour rate). Also a pre-pump (like seen in the bypass picture below) will pump oil to the vital parts BEFORE the engine is even started.

Bypass system - AMSOIL - Ea By-Pass Oil Filters (EaBP)

Recommended oil - Dominator® Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50)

Koz

440sprint

Established Member
Thanks Koz! Just the info that I needed. I will probably install this by-pass:

http://www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters/instructions/BMK21_BP83.pdf

-from your post & AMSOIL has the 2-5 micron filter to use. Does anyone else make such parts?

Now, does anyone want to suggest where the best place to mount it & the best place to insert it into the oil pressure loop of the '13GT500. With the track pack, if the coolest oil possible is preferred, the filter holder could be plumbed into the line leading back to the engine from the engine oil cooler. Anyone else interested?

Users who are viewing this thread