5 point belt questions?

Wraith_2006

Established Member
I currently have stock interior, and I am replacing the front seats with Corbeau FX1 seats this weekend..... my question is with out a harness bar or rollbar are there any mount locations for the 5 point harnesses... I know that I can mount the lap belt when the stock belts mount, but as for the sholder and submarine belt... any ideas.... or am I forced into the rollbar?

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
can get a sparco or cobreau harness bar for the shoulder harness, cobreau being about 100 bucks cheaper for the same exact thing. for the submarine, you prolly have to make a custom mounting point, not super sure, maybe someone can help you out there.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It is dangerous to mount the shoulder belts anywhere but a harness bar. You can walk away with some serious neck/back injuries if involved in an accident and they're mounted on the floor like some people seem to think is OK.

CJK440

Established Member
It is dangerous to mount the shoulder belts anywhere but a harness bar. You can walk away with some serious neck/back injuries if involved in an accident and they're mounted on the floor like some people seem to think is OK.

Thats right. Think about it. In a front impact floor mounted shoulder belts will allow your body to move forward while compressing your shoulders down.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member

Spot on... Do it right or dont do it...

Wraith_2006

Established Member
oh there is no way that I would install the way that I have seen some cars.... there is no point in installing something if it is not going to be safe.... so I guess for now I will just roll with my stock seat belt, and I will be waiting till next year to see if I want to put in a roll bar....

Sirl

Established Member
IMHO, its not that there is no safe place to mount the harness, but from what I've read, and I've read a lot on the subject, that the angle of the belts going down, should not be more than 45 degrees down to the mounting points.

I had the Sparco harness bar. It worked just fine. But there is no roll over protection, and if you do roll over, you are "locked" into the seat, and can not move your body/head left or right since you are strapped in.

In the end, I went with an Autopower 4pt. bold in roll bar, with bold in harness bar. Very happy with it.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm just going to go ahead and install a 6 or 8pt in mine. Since I'll need somewhere to mount my harness anyways for the aluminum bucket race seat.

Safety is something that you SHOULDN'T cheap out on.. IMO

Users who are viewing this thread