5 point harness install ?s

zepfloyd69

for all you 03/04 cobras that have installed a 5 point harness, i need some help with the install as stupid as it sounds. where did everyone mount the lower (crotch/submarine) belt to?

looked under the seat but cant find a good place to mount it

thanks for the help

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
If you decide to install the submarine belts (not entirely necessary IMHO) be prepared to break out the drill. I don't have 5 pts. in my Cobra yet but do have them in my Olds. I placed the bracket directly below the front edge of the racing bucket, centered to the front of the seat. I used a grade 8 bolt backed on the bottom with a body washer. I also turned the bracket so the bolt was behind the belt slot on the bracket, it just gives it a cleaner look.
FYI: The only time I use the whole setup is at the track. Using a 5pt. on the street limits movement (The Mountain Dew that's now stuck between your passenger seat and door will stay there unless you want to play a Houdini while driving down the road). I can't beleive you could hit the #6 preset button on the radio with a properly adjusted 5pt in a Cobra. It's enough of a trick with the factory set-up! If I've got my olds on the street I usually just use the lap belt and one shoulder harness. This allows movement and is still safer than the factory setup. There are work arounds but It can be a PITA. My current thinking is trying to keep the factory belts and add a 5pt for .25 mile safety. I'll figure something out. Good luck, hope this helps.:shrug:

Last edited:

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
There is a good place already available on you Cobra. Directly under the seat is a rubber grommet that can be used as the hole to mount the strap. No drilling is required. I used a thick steel washer since the existing hole was larger than the grade 8 bolt I used. You will need to make a small cut in the carpet to access this hole.

I also don't have any problems accessing any of the radio buttons with the 5 point in place.

Here are some pictures of my setup.

http://www.svtownersassociation.com....php?s=&threadid=5740&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

sb03cobra

Established Member
This is what I used on my 91GT for the sub belt, should bolt right on a Cobra also. Bolts right to the seat mounts.

crchbrcklg.jpg

http://www.wolferacecraft.com

Users who are viewing this thread