50....errr...Two Shades of Grey. An Encore Build Thread

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Shined up the MMR billet rear main seal plate
IMG_7539.JPG

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Got the accent parts back today. Pretty cool color. Vibrant metallic kona blue in direct sun and nearly black in shade. Did the valve covers, fuel rails,sway bars and panhard rod. Also had the Ford Racing aluminum pan done in the matte bronze.
IMG_7567.jpg
IMG_7568.jpg
IMG_7569.jpg
IMG_7570.jpg
IMG_7571.jpg
IMG_7572.jpg
IMG_7573.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Really loving the blue contrast with everything else.
I’m at Joliet right now and saw a MG Saleen. Will try and grab a pic tomorrow.
I’ll warn you, it did have door protector strips. Very no bueno.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't believe this is the first time I've looked at this thread, it looks awesome man, keep up the great work.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
So not even the Saleen badge? Either way, will look sweet.

Back on the Saleen subject, I think the 94-99 S351 cars had the most potential of any Mustang until the Terminators came out. When they added the FMU with bigger injectors and rails, they overruled it really bad because of engine warranty repairs. Cars were fully capable of 600rwhp easy. Suspensions of all of their cars definitely left a lot to be desired, as did their build “quality.”

Absolutely love following this thread. Curious, why don’t you buy your parts from NPD for restoration stuff? (Sorta local to you)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Really loving the blue contrast with everything else.
I’m at Joliet right now and saw a MG Saleen. Will try and grab a pic tomorrow.
I’ll warn you, it did have door protector strips. Very no bueno.
-J
Shoot me a pic. I was thinking about doing chrome fender flares on this one

I can't believe this is the first time I've looked at this thread, it looks awesome man, keep up the great work.
Welcome aboard brother

So not even the Saleen badge? Either way, will look sweet.

Back on the Saleen subject, I think the 94-99 S351 cars had the most potential of any Mustang until the Terminators came out. When they added the FMU with bigger injectors and rails, they overruled it really bad because of engine warranty repairs. Cars were fully capable of 600rwhp easy. Suspensions of all of their cars definitely left a lot to be desired, as did their build “quality.”

Absolutely love following this thread. Curious, why don’t you buy your parts from NPD for restoration stuff? (Sorta local to you)

I really have the look of completely smooth in my head and that’s where I’m going to start. Obviously emblems are easy to add but changing my mind and wanting to shave everything AFTER fresh paint isn’t so easy lol the fact of the matter with this car is that I’m not coming anywhere close to honoring the Saleen roots. I’m just using them as my exterior focal point. New edge Saleen bodies are a dead tie with 03-04 cobra bodies to me. I love them both. When I get a design vision I’m my head I run with it. I have a good feeling about the direction this is going.
And NPD is 2 miles from me. I do get things there occasionally

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I had leaf springs pulled apart, powder coated True Blue, and reassembled for my lift kit.

I don’t think you have any issues at all. :)
my man! lol
You should visit the NPD Ocala location some time...I’ll give you a tour. Over 120 cars and counting.....

heck yeah I'm in!!

Users who are viewing this thread