50 shot or not?

Esimmons81

Established Member
Hey all I'm going back to dyno soon and bumping the timing to see what it will make with a more aggressive tune just blower. With that being said I have a nitrous kit I can hook up I was thinking ab going with a 50 dry shot before the maf or right after. I have ported blower running 18lbs. Also have 60lb injectors. Was thinking about buying a boost a pump so the fuel is good. Do you all think the 50 shot will really make a big difference in power? Also i belive im still on stock clutch. Don't think it will handle the power long and will need to upgrade that and the input shaft. Anything else you all think I may need to factor in so I can get a price figure to do it right?

Thanks

Rambro

Established Member
From everything I've read the eaton/TS Cobras love the nitrous. You will probably see more than a 50 rwhp improvement with a jet for a 50 shot and the torque will be outrageous. You're injectors are probably fine on a 50 shot but I would do something to increase octane for safety when spraying. Torcco, race gas, or switch to e85.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
A 50 shot on a eaton will show a lot of tq. T/s as well. But the eaton just seems to gain a lot of tq.

My buddy john when he had his cobra had a ported eaton upper lower pulley with a 60 shot and ran a 10.32 at 135mph back to back with no cool down lol. Thats with a full weight cobra on stock suspension

Esimmons81

Established Member
Wow that's impressive times. I do have a vert so it's a lil heavier and the bump in torq should be helpful! I was planning on running 100 octane. Has people seriously had good luck with the torcco cause that would be the easiest thing to do but the tuner I was talking to said no one runs that at the local track and runs the 100 octane out the pump. But that's over a hr away fr me to get it.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Torco gets a lot of good reviews and really does work from all the feedback I've read and seen in person. I have never personally used it though.

Nitrous will definitely wake the car up. I ran a 100 wet shot on my Eaton and loved it. Its so addicting. I'd blow through 2 bottles in an hour or less and then be looking for places to fill up. I eventually got tired of that and just got a bigger blower.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I used Torco in my old 03 eaton/nitrous car, but have since switched to Boostane for other cars. I don't know that you will definitely need a BAP for just a 50 shot, IIRC, I was running the BAP at a very low setting for a 200 shot.

YES to eaton+nitrous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread