514.12 RWHP from a JLT and EVO tune

Tucker

We finally got around to getting a full package on our test car here locally.
Eddie (car owner) has been great, dropping his Shelby off 5-6 times at the drop of a hat for us to design this kit and I do thank you :beer:

So we did a before and after of coarse. This car has pulled 444-445 RWHP on 3 different occasions on 2 different dynos, very consistant.

So we picked up 70 RWHP and 46 RWTQ with only the JLT CFI and a X-2 with Evolution Performance tunes. Even I'm amased, I was thinking 50-60 from the kit, but so far we have seen 70-88 RWHP from 5 other customers.

We have packages on the web site for the Shelby:
JLT only
JLT/SCT/Evo tunes (70-85 RWHP)
JLT/SCT/Pulley/Evo tunes (115-125)

Call with any questions on these kits.
Thanks

Jay
32556d1164891306-514-12-rwhp-from-a-jlt-and-evo-tune-tn_gt500-jlt-evo-tune.jpg

Tucker

You can't put any intake on with out the tune.
In testing tunes only vs. JLT & tune the JLT is worth 22-28 RWHP on it's own.

Thanks
Jay

MD03SVT

Established Member
That is great to hear Jay I am looking forward to getting one & testing it in the spring.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
oh yeah, why does the dyno try to get down it the 100th decimal point for the power measured? There is NO way its that accurate, lol. Nice results though! -Dan

Tucker

wals9331 said:
oh yeah, why does the dyno try to get down it the 100th decimal point for the power measured? There is NO way its that accurate, lol. Nice results though! -Dan
Huh? :shrug:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Jay is the whole intake kit as easy to remove (and put back in place) as your kit for the 2005-2007 3v Mustang GT's? Hence to swap back the factory air box for service.

ctony66

gettin blown
Established Member
it's a very easy install, took less than a 1/2 hour on mine. there is only one bolt and the clamps holding the original box in.

Tucker

Stripe Delete said:
Jay is the whole intake kit as easy to remove (and put back in place) as your kit for the 2005-2007 3v Mustang GT's? Hence to swap back the factory air box for service.
Yes, very similiar to the 05-07 GT as far as easy of install and removal.

From 445hp-514hp-445hp in less then 30 minutes. Let's see a 66 Cobra do that.:coolman: :lol:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
wals9331 said:

The same way every other dyno does :shrug:

Mine made 589.50hp It could probably measure out to the 1,000th decimal if the software would allow. Without having decimals then the dyno would just be rounding up or down, and thus be truely inaccurate. But on the other hand I would have made 590hp if dyno's only used whole numbers.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
The same way every other dyno does :shrug:

Mine made 589.50hp It could probably measure out to the 1,000th decimal if the software would allow. Without having decimals then the dyno would just be rounding up or down, and thus be truely inaccurate. But on the other hand I would have made 590hp if dyno's only used whole numbers.

I dont think a dyno can honestly be that accurate (at least not the ones located at local shops). The software might bring it to the 100th decimal place...but the dyno itself is what, good to the + or -5 HP......

See what i am saying?!?!

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
You're a goober dude- a dyno is as accurate as teh software is configured to read.

How do you think a stopwatch can measure tenths of a second?

How do you think a scale can measurer tenths of a pound?

The same damn way a dyno can measure tenths or even hundredths of a horsepower-

Its writeen in its software to be able to comprehend and display minute incremements in its measured media.

Back OT- those numbers are freakin awesom jay!! I really want a GT500 now, lol... Anyoen know if China is still buying kidneys?

Users who are viewing this thread