55 lb/hr Injectors

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
I was playing with the idea of adding 55lb/hr injectors on the snake in order to minimize predetonation especially in the lower RPM range...Does anyone have any suggestions on who makes these injectors/where to purchase? Thanks

-pete:coolman:

davidmax

Established Member
I would use SHM best price great service and as stated above the 55Lb.units are best.I'm running 94 Lb. injectors and that (SHM) is where I got allthe ones I use in my shop,Dave S.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by J69gordon
Injector dude on this board makes matched 55lb sets....

They aren't matched. I asked him some time ago if they were matched and his response was it wasn't necessary.

Pyro

Established Member
Do you need a chip to run aftermarket injectors?

Also, can you use higher capacity injectors instead of chipping when using smaller pulleys? I believe JDM did this so they didn't have to chip.

I'm running a 2.93 pulley....would a 55lb injector fix my a/f ratio so I didn't have to chip?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
Do you need a chip to run aftermarket injectors?

Also, can you use higher capacity injectors instead of chipping when using smaller pulleys? I believe JDM did this so they didn't have to chip.

I'm running a 2.93 pulley....would a 55lb injector fix my a/f ratio so I didn't have to chip?

You need to chip unless you buy an aftermarket Mass-Air like the Pro-M 92 mm and have it calibrated to the injector size. It will not fix your a/f ratio you will still need a chip or Preditor to fix your ratio.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by Injector Dude
The 55's I sell are not matched. They are tested to insure they are within factory spec (3%).

These are the only injectors I sell. Have never had any problems with them at all. Yes you'll need to do a chip to use the 55's.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread