550 Hp 06 Cobra.

cyaford

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 550 Hp 06 Cobra.

Originally posted by cobra1
It's gonna feel good having a mustang that takes down the corvette Z06!!! :)

Lots of modified Mustangs can take down the Z06, modifed Terminators included. ;)

Whiskey City

Established Member
I think there's some confusion between the Cobra (SVT Mustang) and Cobra (Carol Shelby's concept two-seater, harkening back to the early '60's AC Cobra)

The 2007 Mustang Cobra will have the 5.4L, 4V S/C engine. Horsepower numbers have not been released but I would expect it to be in the low 400's (425~450).

That two-seat Shelby car is supposed to have the V10 producing 500~550 HP.

The reason the SVT Cobra isn't going to be on sale until Mid 2006 is because the SVT is busting their butts on the new-modle F150 Lightning. That deal with Carol Shelby is to develop the two-seater "Cobra-like" car. That's how all those rumors about the SVT Mustang Cobra changing it's name. You can't have two Cobras!

As late as 6/28, the plan for the SVT Mustang is to still be called Cobra. It will have the 5.4L, 4V, S/C engine. It is also priced VERY close to what the current-modle Cobra is, $35~$40. The two-seater is still in the D&D stage. Pricing is unknown but I guess it will be up with the Viper by the looks of it.

I do agree that I also heard that Carol Shelby is retiring at Ford because that's where he started. It's good to have him home.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Originally posted by KLN TME TIL 07
The 2007 Mustang Cobra will have the 5.4L, 4V S/C engine. Horsepower numbers have not been released but I would expect it to be in the low 400's (425~450).
As late as 6/28, the plan for the SVT Mustang is to still be called Cobra. It will have the 5.4L, 4V, S/C engine. It is also priced VERY close to what the current-modle Cobra is, $35~$40.

The BIG question (for me) would be: will there be a convertible?
I keep hearing "yes". Call me paranoid... :eek:

Whiskey City

Established Member
Will there be a vert? The answer is, invariably, yes.

As for the '05 stang, the h/t's are on sale here shortly. The 'verts won't be avaliable until Spring (March '05). By the time the Cobras are ready, mid '06, they should be avaliable in both cnfigs.

Good times!

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Agreed. The other nice thing is, that the mustang will have been in production a while by then, so if there are any engineering/design snags, they will be sorted out in both the hardtop and the convertible. Better for us! :beer:

Whiskey City

Established Member
I'm like you Crispy. I was at a dealership looking at the paperwork for the powerlease but chickened out. I thought I'd just wait until the '07 came out (Hence "KTT07"). I thought it'd be better to take that $500/month I'd spend on an '04 and save it up to slam down on the '07. That's like, $12,000...a nice down payment.

But...I couldn't even wait that long. I just bought postban's souped-up '03 'vert. :burnout:

Oh well, best laid plans....:D

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
NICE, KTT07! Does that mean your new name will be FA07 (Forget about '07)?
I've been putting away at least $500/month every month- SAME GAME PLAN!
But me, I am resisting temptation, so I can get my hands on some '07 evil....but there are a hell of alot of great deals out there, and I can definitely understand why you bought. Let me know how you like it!

Whiskey City

Established Member
I don't know what my new name is going to be. I've got a few ideas but I fear some of them are a little gaey (not that there's anything wrong with that :uh oh: )

Postban made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I had to jump on it. I'll let you know how it fits when I pick it up Monday:coolman: :burnout:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
looks like we're going to have to wait until late next year....

lets hope it isnt more than 40k after taxes and sht

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Originally posted by KLN TME TIL 07
I don't know what my new name is going to be. I've got a few ideas but I fear some of them are a little gaey (not that there's anything wrong with that :uh oh: )

Postban made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I had to jump on it. I'll let you know how it fits when I pick it up Monday:coolman: :burnout:

Sounds sweet, KTT07!!! Good luck!
Me, I've got a looooong wait... :(

Users who are viewing this thread