550 Hp 06 Cobra.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
When I was in atlanta, Ga getting my car dynod and tuned I was talking to the guy doin the work and he told me that the chief engineer on the project said that it will have about 550 hp w/ 500 something ft lbs of trqe and that it is going to sell for about what a vette does, 40-50,000 dollar range. But shit, well worth it. the only thing that he wouldn't tell me that he swore to his friend that he wouldn't was what the engine was going to be, but he said that it isn't the 4 valve.
That's all i know for now.

--Ryan:beer:

Last edited:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by steeda1982
When I was in atlanta, Ga getting my car dynod and tuned I was talking to the guy doin the work and he told me that the chief engineer on the project said that it will have about 550 hp w/ 500 something ft lbs of trqe and that it is going to sell for about what a vette does, 40-50,000 dollar range. But shit, well worth it. the only thing that he wouldn't tell me that he swore to his friend that he wouldn't was what the engine was going to be, but he said that it isn't the 4 valve.
That's all i know for now.

--Ryan:beer:

You are right on point....a 5.4L DOHC 3V supercharged. 550 RWHP. And the price will be between $45,000 and $47,000. Carroll Shelby will be signing every one of them and then retiring directly after its release. He stated that he began his career with Ford and that it seems fitting to end it at Ford as well doing this car.

That was one of several reasons why the release year was moved from 2006 to 2007 because the arrangement between him and Ford was being finalized while the design was getting started.

cobra1

Established Member
Re: Re: 550 Hp 06 Cobra.

Originally posted by CobraKindaGuy
You are right on point....a 5.4L DOHC 3V supercharged. 550 RWHP. And the price will be between $45,000 and $47,000. Carroll Shelby will be signing every one of them and then retiring directly after its release. He stated that he began his career with Ford and that it seems fitting to end it at Ford as well doing this car.

That was one of several reasons why the release year was moved from 2006 to 2007 because the arrangement between him and Ford was being finalized while the design was getting started.

It's gonna feel good having a mustang that takes down the corvette Z06!!! :)

67camaroRS454

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 550 Hp 06 Cobra.

Originally posted by cobra1
It's gonna feel good having a mustang that takes down the corvette Z06!!! :)

the c6 is WAY lighter then the o5 stang and the z06 is goin to have the same'ish hp. -shrug- to expensive for a stang even if it has carrol's signature, hope it atleast has some gt500 characteristics

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I am expecting a 35k out the door cobra, not 40K. I will have to go elsewhere.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by PowerWheels
I am expecting a 35k out the door cobra, not 40K. I will have to go elsewhere.
I'm right behind you. I'm not paying that much for a mustang. Let's hope those numbers are incorrect.

GAMEOVER

Established Member
Will not, can not, and will never have more hp than a ford gt. It's like saying the hond civic is going to come out with more hp than the s2000. Just get 500+ hp, and v-10 stuff out your heads and come back to reality. Believe that it will be a supercharged or cammer v-8.

cobra2k1

Established Member
Originally posted by GAMEOVER
Will not, can not, and will never have more hp than a ford gt. It's like saying the hond civic is going to come out with more hp than the s2000. Just get 500+ hp, and v-10 stuff out your heads and come back to reality. Believe that it will be a supercharged or cammer v-8.

Today's Ford GT has 550hp. Who knows what it will have in 07. I'm sure it will stay ahead of the Cobra, 550hp or not!

cobra1

Established Member
Gameover, the Ford GT is putting down 550 hp to the wheels. That is over 600 flywheel. It makes sense that since chevy upped the horsepower in the Z06 that ford should up the horsepower in the cobra. I expect 500-550 horses in the next cobra.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Originally posted by cobra1
Gameover, the Ford GT is putting down 550 hp to the wheels. That is over 600 flywheel. It makes sense that since chevy upped the horsepower in the Z06 that ford should up the horsepower in the cobra. I expect 500-550 horses in the next cobra.

...and let's not forget lower c.g., lower c.d., lighter car, exotic body...BELIEVE ME, I think the Ford GT owners can see enough differences to justify the $$$ difference from a Cobra...

Users who are viewing this thread