552rwhp & 68orw FTLB's

XRQTOR

Banned
Yep this thing has got some serious grunt,

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com/images/graphs/f6_latest_hp.jpg

Not bad for a stock turbo 4.oL inline ford is it, called an FPV Typhoon. Just wondering how this compares to a KB/whipple blown cobra or even a hellion turbo'd cobra. Most 5.4L v8 boys are getting a caining on the street as these turbo 6's are so cheap to mod and get great power, we need a single turbo kit like the hellion to even things out.

Last edited:

XRQTOR

Banned
This isn't the same car but just to show you's what they look like.

th_f6typhoon_ext_full07.jpg

th_f6typhoon_ext_full06.jpg

th_f6typhoon_ext_full05.jpg

th_f6typhoon_ext_full02.jpg

th_banner_typhoon2.jpg

th_banner_typhoon.jpg

XRQTOR

Banned
xenon said:
I call b.s because they should be cossng at 5252rpm
Why should they cross there. And the guy is one of the most respected tuner's in the country of these car's, he has a heap of modified car's pushing similar power.

That was on the stock turbo and stock exhaust manifold @ 20lb's, with a new manifold and a new turbo it made 578rwhp at 17lb's and ran out of fuel.

BooRail85

Banned
the reason the graphs should cross at 5252 is because that is the rpm constant in the formula to find horsepower. Technically, horsepower doesnt exist, the engine will create torque. And at any given rpm, take the torque figure and when multiply by that rpm and then divide by the constant (5252) will result in the horsepower number at that particular rpm.

so, we'll just pick 4700 rpm on the graph where the torque is at 600..

600x4700= 2,820,000 .. and that /5252 = 536.9 .. which is right where the horsepower curve is..

so i say the numbers look right..

Last edited:

XRQTOR

Banned
BooRail85 said:
the reason the graphs should cross at 5252 is because that is the rpm constant in the formula to find horsepower. Technically, horsepower doesnt exist, the engine will create torque. And at any given rpm, take the torque figure and when multiply by that rpm and then divide by the constant (5252) will result in the horsepower number at that particular rpm.

so, we'll just pick 4700 rpm on the graph where the torque is at 600..

600x4700= 2,820,000 .. and that /5252 = 536.9 .. which is right where the horsepower curve is..

so i say the numbers look right..
Well that is way about my head, but this car does make the power.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
The reason the lines don't cross at 5252 is because the scale (on the right) for torque doesn't match the scale (on the left) for horsepower.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
I had a chance to dyno on a Dyno Dynamics dyno and it will definately lower your ego. I made 459.8 rwhp with my current mods.

XRQTOR

Banned
Oxford Snake said:
I had a chance to dyno on a Dyno Dynamics dyno and it will definately lower your ego. I made 459.8 rwhp with my current mods.
Are you saying they read higher or lower, 9o% of the dyno's here are DD. What do you normally dyno at.

Last edited:

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
I remember the Aussies getting a Ford inline 6 up around 1000 HP.:burnout: Headers were glowing real nice too.:uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread