553rwhp 521rwtq video and some traffic free highway speedo vids

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Bad azz! I like your style D'! Soon as you get the car, you pound the pavement, put miles on er', throw some cosmetic mods on, then power mods, and you pound the pavement again! No time wasted.

Driven like it should be, ANNND you give us feedback and updates. Nice! :coolman:

Good luck getting into the 10's! :rockon:

Keep us posted. :beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Purvis said:
dgussin,
Very impressive numbers.
Can you please clarify exactly what has been done to the car to get 550+ rwhp?
Just a cat back, intake, tune and pulleys???
yep. cai, axleback, 2.6" pulley and tune. I think with long tubes, x pipe and a 2.5" pulley I should see 575rwhp and 550rwtq.

Stripe Delete said:
Borrow some slicks for this weekends run. I'm dying to know what that timeslip would look like. Good luck
I will be on an 26x11.5x16 et street on a 10" wide rim this weekend vs my 16x8's with a 26x10.5x16 et street.

1BADGT500 said:
Dave, how much HP/Tq did you get from the pulley swap alone??
I did the pulley and cai together. It went from 470/445 to 553/520.

JETSOLVER said:
Wow, the last time I saw a graph with that much area under the curve it was Googles share price!:lol:

Dave, I see that the pull is finished at about 6500 revs. Has/have either setup raised the rev limiter any, and how does the limiter work? Is a soft touch pull fuel and spark style, or is it stricly throttle controlled and abrupt? Thanks and yes, I'm jealous. Mine is nearer every day. Drive hard and fast. Love the vids.:rockon:

lmao...the rev limiter is at 6600 rpm on my car. I believe evolution has theirs even higher. I rev and shift the car to 6300 as you can see in the tach vid. I don't know how the limiter works, I have only hit it twice.

MD03SVT

Established Member
Great pull Dave & it's nice to hear the blower scream that is what I miss the most from my terminators.

chuckstang

Established Member
What is the stock rev limiter set at and is it known how high this motor can safely run? I had thought it was brought down to 6k rpms due to the long stroke and rods??? But your car made power to about 6.5k!! gota be dam GT heads :)

MD03SVT

Established Member
Sorry Dave my Shelby has been put away for the winter since the end of oct so I won't be able to check it till spring.Please let it snow so I can do some skiing to get my mind off of Drag racing cuz it's gonna be a long winter.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
if there is no snow, then why not drive it? Thats what i am waiting for, before i put her away. What rpm are u launching at the track? are you slipping or dumping?

JWC

Established Member
Hey man you keep pushing me.....j/k I see and read about your car here and on the Porsche site. I was going to wait until the MSRP is the "buy" price but your car and the KB to come are pushing me man. Very nice.

MD03SVT

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
if there is no snow, then why not drive it? Thats what i am waiting for, before i put her away. What rpm are u launching at the track? are you slipping or dumping?

No snow but with the track closed there is no inncentive to keep the car on the road.I am dumping at 5250rpm when the track is very good.I am wondering why there seems to be so much varience in gains fron the JLT CAI as you got 83HP with the CAI & Pulley while Tammy got 76HP from the tune CAI & mufflers (which we know don't add much) and Jay & Evolution are claiming 75-90HP from the CAI & tune only.Something somewhere is not right.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
MD03SVT said:
No snow but with the track closed there is no inncentive to keep the car on the road.I am dumping at 5250rpm when the track is very good.I am wondering why there seems to be so much varience in gains fron the JLT CAI as you got 83HP with the CAI & Pulley while Tammy got 76HP from the tune CAI & mufflers (which we know don't add much) and Jay & Evolution are claiming 75-90HP from the CAI & tune only.Something somewhere is not right.
I had a tune to start out with. i went from 440/420 stock to 553/520 with a pulley, cai, driveshaft and tune. A gain of 110 and 100 at the tires.

chuckstang

Established Member
It is because some use 91 octane tunes vs 93 I believe.
But what is stock redline at? How high can you take a stock motor (rpms)?

marc@kentucky

Established Member
dgussin,

What is the yellow indicator lighting up at the bottom left of your instrument panel? It looks like an arrow? Is that the TCS indicator?

redmetal

It's just a push rod V8
Established Member
marc@kentucky said:
dgussin,

What is the yellow indicator lighting up at the bottom left of your instrument panel? It looks like an arrow? Is that the TCS indicator?

factory shift light

Users who are viewing this thread