553rwhp 521rwtq video and some traffic free highway speedo vids

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Last edited:

ELITE1

addicted to SVTP
Established Member
Nice numbers, and your car sounds sweet. Is it the pulley that made the supercharger so loud? love that sound :rockon:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Great numbers, man do those things like to rev alot more than our lowly 2V's! I am enjoying video night BTW!

pjcobra9t7

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
Made it to the dyno to see what kind of power I am making. I was told by some people that this dyno is a bit conservative...:eek:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/208a226e-117e-4f22-b73b-988000271a4b.htm

I am waiting for the winpep file so I can post the graph up. I should have it tomorrow.

edit

here's a tach shot

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ffd7c6e4-7fff-489d-a8d3-98800033bec9.htm
HEY, your car sounds great. I noticed the shift light comes on at 6250 but the meter goes to 7 before you upshift. When does the rev limiter jump in or did you remove it?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Very impressive. Some of these numbers you guys are getting has started me thinking...

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
That things a beast!
Curious do your new tires hook up any better on the street than the F1's?
I'm sure they do but I noticed they break loose at 90mph.:eek: Im sure from a dig you still have to be very very gentle.:(

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Power shifting a little there Degussin ahaha. Looks like alot of fun, but does it give you the "suck your face off" accerlation feel?

chuckstang

Established Member
Hey guys Im at work so I cant really watch the vid but are the 553 and 521 number refering to dgussin's car!! with just a cat back, intake, tune and pulley's???
basically I am saying holy shit, awsome, I need to stop drooling

chuckstang

Established Member
I thought you were still under 500 with the pulley on, what did you do differntly this time on the dyno? different tune?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Here are the graphs guys!

Shelbydynographs-pulley.gif

Shelbydynographs-pulleystd.gif

Shelbydynographs-pulleyuncorrected.gif

dynodata-1.gif

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ELITE1 said:
Nice numbers, and your car sounds sweet. Is it the pulley that made the supercharger so loud? love that sound :rockon:
the pulley and the cai.

pjcobra9t7 said:
HEY, your car sounds great. I noticed the shift light comes on at 6250 but the meter goes to 7 before you upshift. When does the rev limiter jump in or did you remove it?
the shift light comes on at 6000, but I guess it's a little lazy with the new found power. I am powershifting which is why the revs are jumping, but the car is not engaged in gear.

HISSMAN said:
Very impressive. Some of these numbers you guys are getting has started me thinking...
just imagine this with a twin screw at 17psi. :eek:
Stripe Delete said:
That things a beast!
Curious do your new tires hook up any better on the street than the F1's?
I'm sure they do but I noticed they break loose at 90mph.:eek: Im sure from a dig you still have to be very very gentle.:(
the factory tires on this car are very good, butthe new bfg 295/35/19 kdw2's are better. I can launch this with minimal tire spin with traction control on and an easy launch. I have got a 1.80 and a 1.91 60' on these tires.

Whitten said:
Power shifting a little there Degussin ahaha. Looks like alot of fun, but does it give you the "suck your face off" accerlation feel?
Whitttteeen, it can definitely scare you if you're in the passenger seat.

crispy23c said:
Whoa. Sounds great! How does it pull from 60? Like a freight train or what? :beer:
look at the vid. :shrug:

chuckstang said:
I thought you were still under 500 with the pulley on, what did you do differntly this time on the dyno? different tune?
this is the second time the car has been to the dyno. The first time was when I first got it and got her tuned.

BigJim

Mostly Read
Established Member
Sounds great Man! Not to mention it moves like a freight train! Are you going to put some Longtubes on it pretty soon? I bet that would wake it up some. ;)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dave:

I can see your car pulls quite nicely with the pulley and new tune. :rockon:

Congrats!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
dgussin,
Very impressive numbers.
Can you please clarify exactly what has been done to the car to get 550+ rwhp?
Just a cat back, intake, tune and pulleys???

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Message for dgussin1

Dave, how much HP/Tq did you get from the pulley swap alone??

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Wow, the last time I saw a graph with that much area under the curve it was Googles share price!:lol:

Dave, I see that the pull is finished at about 6500 revs. Has/have either setup raised the rev limiter any, and how does the limiter work? Is a soft touch pull fuel and spark style, or is it stricly throttle controlled and abrupt? Thanks and yes, I'm jealous. Mine is nearer every day. Drive hard and fast. Love the vids.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread