5th gear lock out 6k rpms ?

Stripeless07

Established Member
Today i was locked out of 5th at 6k rpms. It went into 5th fully but just reved up, pushed in the clutch tried it again did the same thing. After i parked it, the car threw a p0171 code system to lean. Could this be a safety feature of the tune in the car? Also i noticed a rattle which i believe to be the passenger side h-pipe to be loose at the manifold. It was not rattling before i started my pull. Could this of also caused the car to go lean? Thank you for any incite into this.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If you were locked out of 5th gear, it would not have gone into 5th fully as you stated. It sounds like the clutch was slipping badly. That is the only thing that explains the rev with no go situation.

Stripeless07

Established Member
If you were locked out of 5th gear, it would not have gone into 5th fully as you stated. It sounds like the clutch was slipping badly. That is the only thing that explains the rev with no go situation.

Thanks for the reply. I really hope this is not a clutch slip issue its damn near brand new dyad. The rating is 1400hp im only 600whp.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Try a to simulate the condition at a lower speed in 4th gear. Put it in 4th at 30 mph and floor the throttle pedal and see it the RPM goes up disproportionately to the MPH. If this doesn't work, try 5th at 40 mph. If the rpm rises rapidly, back off immediately.

Dusten

Established Member
The h'pipe being loose can cause a lean condition. No, it wont lock you out of gear

Stripeless07

Established Member
Try a to simulate the condition at a lower speed in 4th gear. Put it in 4th at 30 mph and floor the throttle pedal and see it the RPM goes up disproportionately to the MPH. If this doesn't work, try 5th at 40 mph. If the rpm rises rapidly, back off immediately.
This happened at the top of 4th at 139mph. I slowed down and hit it agian and it took 5th that time. I was just wanting to know what would of caused this. I thought the tune my have had a safety feature in it. Thank you for the info. I will try what you mentioned also
The h'pipe being loose can cause a lean condition. No, it wont lock you out of gear
Thank you for the reply. I just got under the car the blots were loose tightened them up. I wont bother lund with the lean issue then. Thanks

Last edited:

Stripeless07

Established Member
You're right damn it. Just had it out again playing with my buddies 06 gsxr600 and the clutch is toast. Dumped it at 3-4g and it barely burned the tires. Im done with duel disc's. And ready to set this car on fire. 4k in 2years in clutchs. Maybe i need a auto FML

Stripeless07

Established Member
After more investigation tonight it seems to be the clutch was hot. Its not totally toast. Let the car cool down it hooks. Im going to change the SC belt out for good measure. My buddy believes this is my main issue. The belt is new to my difference along with 10% lower UD pulley. Thanks for the help i will report back with an update

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread