6.2 F-150 vs Ecoboost F150

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I love all the people still clinching onto the mindset that in 2012 cylinder count and displacement still mean something.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
I will be buying the new 5.0 fx4 screw with 3:73 gears. Everyone has seen what basic bolt ons have done to the new 5.0 mustang an yes I kno different motor but just slightly. I will be putting the boss intake and cold air that 5 star performance offers and full exhaust

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euAbT-qHv0A&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2011 F150 Boss Intake 87 octane gas - YouTube[/nomedia]

Now towing 5,000 lbs
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc1rB03w2w&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Towing 5k lbs with F150 5.0L Boss Intake - YouTube[/nomedia]

And you get the sweet 5.0 sound The 5.0 I feel is the deal breaker the motor is great.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I know of no recalls either. There is a reflash for pcm available to help improve mileage but it's not a recall.

GLwhiteGT

FOMOCO MOFO!
Established Member
ECOBOOST FTW. better mpg's and a practically indescrutable motor. I think the ecoboost also has ~14 less peak tq, but at 2k rpms lower than the 6.2L. so yeah Eboost w/ CAI and tune please.

if you havent already seen the ecoboost torture test vids on the f150, you should you tube it.

BIG LUV

Established Member
There is no replacement for displacement. If you added forced induction to the 6.2 it would blow away the ecooost. You can go back and forth forever with "what if's". The ecoboost is cool for what it is, but I have never owned a forced induction car that didn't eventually give more trouble than it is worth. My motto; Keep It Simple Stupid!

Dusten

Established Member
There is no replacement for displacement. If you added forced induction to the 6.2 it would blow away the ecooost. You can go back and forth forever with "what if's". The ecoboost is cool for what it is, but I have never owned a forced induction car that didn't eventually give more trouble than it is worth. My motto; Keep It Simple Stupid!

then why have diesels been forced induction for eons?
Infact, would you like me to reference some 200,000 mile lightnings?
Factory FI is far less troublesome than dingbats that add their own.

BIG LUV

Established Member
Yes, if you leave it factory. That's not what everybody is saying here. I had an Audi S4 biturbo. It was the most warranted car in the history of Audi. When you start over modding your FI factory cars they start having problems. The factory doesn't spec their motors for the aftermarket.

19935.slow

Established Member
so he gained 50+ hp with a filter and stock muffler? :lol:

Magnaflow 3 inch muffler, not the stocker. You must spend a lot of time on the internet talking about cars and not driving them, because hp has nothing to do with what I mentioned. I gave concrete times. You just told me that you are a retard.

ls1eater

Established Member
+1 and his mileage has for sure been played with....I have a buddy with an 09 5.7 tundra and he gets the shittiest gas mileage Ive ever seen out of a truck 11-12 city and 15-18 highway...and thats babying the hell out of it, we went to Georgia a few months ago and towed up a four wheeler and a couple bags of corn and averaged 13.9 and most was on the highway...Didn't think a damn trip to georgia and back would cost a few hundred just in gas.....
So your mileage is worse, and you can't tow as much, but yours is better?

Dusten

Established Member
Yes, if you leave it factory. That's not what everybody is saying here. I had an Audi S4 biturbo. It was the most warranted car in the history of Audi. When you start over modding your FI factory cars they start having problems. The factory doesn't spec their motors for the aftermarket.

well it was bought to be a dd, not mod'd, i have a built motor trick flow headed, cam'd, stalled lightning... why the **** would i mod a 4 door v6 truck?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

They dont?

Might want to look into alot more factory FI cars then. Most have motors that can handle 2-3x stock output untouched from oil pan to valve cover.

That is of course, pending the manufacturer knows what theyre doing, and overbuilds it to not have to worry about warranty claims due to customer base driving habits. Look at mitsubishi, used the 4g63 relatively unchanged for almost two decades in a shitton of vehicles. 200hp crank stock and right now the max is around ~630awhp daily driveable with full factory driving characteristics. Now the newer version of that motor (4b11t) continues in the EvoX and Genesis Coupe (detuned version) doing just as well. Its why I still love DSM's, so easy to make 400hp and cheap to boot.

03/04 cobra and GT500 motors....the 300hr torture test the 03/04 cobra motor had to endure to be able to be used. Thus why it comes with manley rods and a kellogg forged crank.

SRT4 guys making 450-500fwhp with a big snail and relatively low boost and great motor longevity.

STi/WRx boxter motor is pretty stout....

Audi is lol. I wouldnt base my entire thought process around pos "german engineering ". Youd get better longevity boosting some high compression honduh motor. Thats a prime example of a company that had no idea what they were getting themselves into when they threw boost at a motor and called it a day.

Ford had that one ECOboost motor they used in the same truck that did 5 different torture tests about a year back. If a motor can survive that at 150k, pretty sure boltons, 10psi more and tuning/support isnt going to phase it. Its when companies dont do those sorts of testings is when they make weak motors/setups.

Fast Willy

Established Member
Here is my truck that I just purchased 2 weeks ago. Its a 2012 fx4 super screw with the eco boost and 3.73's. I know in the video you cant see the time because its a cell phone camera but it ran a 14.9 @ 90 mph. It got 18.9 mph to an from the track which was a 237 mile round trip.

It is my daily driver and I'm seeing 18.2 mpg mix driving right now. I drive approx 70 miles dailys. I more impressed with my city mpg then my highway. But over all I am extremely happy with this truck.

Guys that think there our going to be massive problems with these trucks havent seen the ecoboost run the baja. I'm not saying this truck wont have any problems because every single vehicle will no matter what anyone says.

I already have an issue with my truck but its the sync system. It wont pair my phone correctly so it will be going in for an update for that other then that this truck is amazing.

I was concerned about this motor as well over time but so far so good.

The raptor is approx 400 lbs heavier then an equally equipped ecoboost

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

:dw: Do you know anything about Lightnings, Terminators and GT500's? And that is just with Ford.

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Here is my truck that I just purchased 2 weeks ago. Its a 2012 fx4 super screw with the eco boost and 3.73's. I know in the video you cant see the time because its a cell phone camera but it ran a 14.9 @ 90 mph. It got 18.9 mph to an from the track which was a 237 mile round trip.

It is my daily driver and I'm seeing 18.2 mpg mix driving right now. I drive approx 70 miles dailys. I more impressed with my city mpg then my highway. But over all I am extremely happy with this truck.

Guys that think there our going to be massive problems with these trucks havent seen the ecoboost run the baja. I'm not saying this truck wont have any problems because every single vehicle will no matter what anyone says.

I already have an issue with my truck but its the sync system. It wont pair my phone correctly so it will be going in for an update for that other then that this truck is amazing.

I was concerned about this motor as well over time but so far so good.

The raptor is approx 400 lbs heavier then an equally equipped ecoboost

I had the same problem in my raptor with pairing the phone. You can do all the updates from home. If that doesn't work what worked for me was simply pulling the fuse for sync and putting it back in. It's been perfect ever since! Give it a try before hitting up the dealer. There mostly really dumb about this kind of stuff

BIG LUV

Established Member
:dw: Do you know anything about Lightnings, Terminators and GT500's? And that is just with Ford.

Yes I do. They are all tuned/built to factory specs to last. Can you mod them? Yes. Will they last as long as stock. No. My point is that all this could have, would have, should have, is bullshit. Run what you brung or shut up! :burnout:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Magnaflow 3 inch muffler, not the stocker. You must spend a lot of time on the internet talking about cars and not driving them, because hp has nothing to do with what I mentioned. I gave concrete times. You just told me that you are a retard.

.5 sec improvement in the 1/4mi doesn't have anything to do with hp? :dw:

It is you who is retarded. A filter and muffler doesn't do crap on these trucks. A small turbo is 3x more restrictive than any muffler. If the time was improved it was due to driver, track/weather conditions.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So your mileage is worse, and you can't tow as much, but yours is better?

Resident Asshole (fitting title by the way), where in my post, exactly, did I say my Yota was better? You're reading skills are apparently as good as your logical deduction skills. Carry on, RA.

Users who are viewing this thread