6 Point roll-bar for my vert

MD03SVT

Established Member
Hey guys I am ready to order a 6 point roll-bar for my Shelby vert & am looking for help finding one.I want a Bolt-in type that will be NHRA legal & so far I have only found weld-in ones from companys such as SW racecars.I previously had one in my 04 Cobra coupe from Wolfe racecraft but they do not offer one for my Shelby.Autopower has one which is not NHRA legal due to the fact that the cross bar is bolted in but I could fix that by welding it in.
Any help would be appreciated.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
MD03SVT said:
Hey guys I am ready to order a 6 point roll-bar for my Shelby vert & am looking for help finding one.I want a Bolt-in type that will be NHRA legal & so far I have only found weld-in ones from companys such as SW racecars.I previously had one in my 04 Cobra coupe from Wolfe racecraft but they do not offer one for my Shelby.Autopower has one which is not NHRA legal due to the fact that the cross bar is bolted in but I could fix that by welding it in.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'd go with the Auto Power and weld the cross bar.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I think the rear b races have to be welded to the main hoop to be NHRA legal. Maybe you are taaking about welding it to the frame. Maximum Motorsports builds a bolt-in bar but to be NHRA legal you have to weld the rear braces. I don't know about the Shelby but you can take the MM in and out of a SN95 but it would be tough. I put a MM in my 03 and had the rea braces welded at a local shop that builds roll cages for race cars. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I put the bar in myself and used the supplied backing plates to bolt the rollbar to the chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread