600 hp saleen

rust0r

Established Member
its pretty sweet, i know saleen did make a 351 model at one point, i dont beleive the power was at 600HP, and i would doubt its faster than the "New GT 40", but cool car non the less

edit: they're pretty rare (and its saleen), thus the price

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
100k for a 70k car???? he's probably smoking the same stuff as the other saleen owner that tried selling his car for 150k on ebay too....

Hye

Established Member
$100,000,b.i.n..?:eek: woah, dude lay off the crack pipe

i'll gladly pick up the new Z06 for under $70K before i buy a $100Kmustang, c'mon....
thend send it off to lingenfilter and see what they can do for $30K, probably wont be much (heads/cam only..lol) but still it'll be an even bigger beast...

03CobraBro

Established Member
Did the S351's come with a centrifugal Vortech blower? Maybe that explains alittle of the extra power?

I can kind of see where the value would come into play if it is in fact the real last Saleen S351 produced. I'd bet if you paid 100k now and waited 10 years you'ed more than make your money back.

Last edited:

69DodgeCharger

Established Member
yes you could get them with the blower as an option from saleen, but they were low boost and detuned, so with simple upgrades they gained lots of power, kinda like 03 cobras but faster

blk96SVT

Established Member
69DodgeCharger said:
yes you could get them with the blower as an option from saleen, but they were low boost and detuned, so with simple upgrades they gained lots of power, kinda like 03 cobras but faster

Exactly

5.4 speedster

Banned
no they didn't. They came with 500hp. That was at a low boost setting. It's easy to see how they could get 600hp out of the combo. Although I am wondering why they have a 190lph fuel pump on there? Very, very badass car and I think he will get what he wants for it. This car would blow the doors off most anything it went against.

razmig

Established Member
69DodgeCharger said:

dude how about some pics of that CHARGER!

qbeanjoe

Banned
it's seems about right, they were limited in production, about 50 for `99? The owners of S351's think they'll be the next '67 Shelby GT500. I suppose it is a collector car. But I'd rather have the R.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
with that little of power, he'll never get $100k...it is a collector's car, but there are too many 2005-2006 models out there with more HP and less $$$...good looking car though

blowngt

Established Member
5.4 speedster said:
no they didn't. They came with 500hp. That was at a low boost setting. It's easy to see how they could get 600hp out of the combo. Although I am wondering why they have a 190lph fuel pump on there? Very, very badass car and I think he will get what he wants for it. This car would blow the doors off most anything it went against.

Last edited:

5.4 speedster

Banned
Can you find me some article or fact on that? I don't believe they did with the s351. They might of made an SR with that much power.

S351R13

Established Member
The highest rating for a S351 I believe was only 510 with the R-code option. N/A (T-code) they were 371. The R-code option rating varied though. It ranged from 495-510. In 99 I believe it was 495 due to OBD II. 600 is possible but not with a 190 pump and the Saleen electronics. Atleast not safely. The guy origianlly listed it with a starting bid at $59,000 which would have been about right for the car. They will in the future be worth something, but right now they aren't increasing in value. They are just too new right now. The car looks nice and would be great to add to a collection, but not at that price. Somewhere between $59,000 to at most $65,000 and that is only to a person who is searching for just that car and has money to burn.

Users who are viewing this thread