600 rwhp 03' Cobra with Kenne Bell Video

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
umustdv8 - that is beautiful man! Good luck with the install.

Thanks. The install went ok. They broke 2 bolts off on the eaton, but other then that, pretty smooth. She fired right up. Throttle response is CrAzY! She gets tuned in the morning.

coleman

Established Member
i think the throttle responsiveness is due to the single-blade throttle body but can't be sure because both the TB & KB were installed at the same time on my car...

we'll have to be even more careful in the rain w/ throttle response like that!

joeclams9

Established Member
Lomancobra has a couple of videos of his k/b blown cobra ready for hosting.....Races are against a notchback with a 351w worked pretty good. Is anyone up for hosting it????????

joe

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by joeclams9
Lomancobra has a couple of videos of his k/b blown cobra ready for hosting.....Races are against a notchback with a 351w worked pretty good. Is anyone up for hosting it????????

joe
I can host them for a week or so. Send them to [email protected].

Lomancobra

Established Member
Just sent the vids over to 2JZFAN. Sorry it took so long, one of the files was huge (50mb) and I had to cut it down to the good parts.
03DOHC thanks for offering to host, seems like 2JZFAN has a less restrictive setup so I wont bog down your site.

The bad news is that once me and joe took these videos his digicam ran out of batteries and we just so happened to get into some good races with a C4 and a camed WS6. :cryying: Figures. . . something always goes wrong with the camera when the good races show up. And they all got eaten by the KB cobra. WS6 put up the best fight. Oh well, at least we got the 351 on tape.

Thanks for the help guys. :beer:

Lomancobra

Established Member
The first vid is a short race from 60mph. The second one was just ****ing around 65-145. And the third one was actually the first race we had, I got on it and thought it was over, but he started pulling again so I turned it back on. His cam is all for top end.

Sorry the videos arent the best quality, but you can get the idea. He is running a 351w with all the bolt ons, full 3" MAC exhaust, and heads/cams.

Thanks to 2JZFAN for providing the bandwidth.:thumbsup:

trey193

Established Member
Anybody run a 2.80, no idlers, and a 74 Gatorback??

I was wondering how much if any slip I would have with this combo over my existing combo, which is 2.80 single 100mm idler and a 74 gates/napa belt. My good friend runs a 74.5 gatorback with the SPHQ idlers which look like to me they do nothing for belt wrap and he also runs the 2.80 and his car has always mph'd better than mine and about the only difference in our combos are the belt and idler setup, he and several other have suggested that the 100mm idler causes some drag on the blower pulley by the increased belt wrap it gives and cost some power, I figured by removing the 100mm idler and installing the same length (74) gatorback it would do 2 things, 1 loosen up the belt a bit by not having the idler and 2 decrease belt wrap and drag, if I can get by without belt slip it should go faster??? Any opinions and does anyone run this or a similar combo????

Users who are viewing this thread