600hp spark plugs

mustanglime69

Banned
what spark plugs and gap are you all running with 600hp?,pretty sure car has tr6s now and it has the rough idle as i have read,so whats a good plug for 600hp with a smooth idle

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
NGK br7**. Cant remember the last 2 digits. they are gapped to .028 and they are not platnum or iridium plugs. Made 642 with them in 98 degrees.

SSChris NY

Established Member
I use what The Super Cars uses "Ford GT's", Motocraft SP-471, Gap at .032 and Car makes over 700rwhp, No Jap crap in my ride lmao

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
TR7IX here. Perfect idle, and no issues whatsoever set at "out of the box" gap (can't remember because it's been a couple of seasons, but I think they were .035")

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
I think for 700hp TR6's are way to hot of a plug....So I tires BR7EF, and with only 17Degrees of timing and 11:4 air fuel they have detonation spots on them. So now I went with NGK 8ix no problems yet but I heard dont ever run ix plugs always use standard???

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
NGK BR7ef's..

From what I've gathered every car seems to like a different plug.. My car hates TR6's and the IX series.. But that's my car.. It's kinda weird..

Hone03

Established Member
I am a new Termi owner as of about 2.5 months ago and just switched from TR7IXs to BR7EFs this weekend thanks to the information I gathered on this site. I now wish I would have read on this topic a month ago before I did a routine plug replacement and gave in to the more $ is better train of thought. The car already had 7IX's in it and idled fine but, to me it seemed to have a slight stutter or miss under hard acceleration. Based on what I read it seems that the iridium plugs do not like the higher boost/HP levels, so I yanked out the month old 7IXs and put in $15 worth of BR7s gapped at 0.030. Admittedly I was a bit skeptical that it was going to smooth things out but was I ever wrong. All I can say is WOW! Not only does the car now accelerate smoothly but it pulls so much harder now too. Its like it has been completely re-tuned.

Lesson learned, $$'s do not equal performance.

Users who are viewing this thread