600rwhpcobras beat ford gt??

Joe5.0

Established Member
ok guys i think it could happen. 600rwhp cobras or more taken a stock ford gt. maybe also with the cobra with a few less pounds:) :??: anyone think so??

2814v

Established Member
Yes untill he puts a smaller pulley on that GT, then that cobra better get the hell out of the way.

FreeFlowSVT

Lover Of Burned Rubber
Established Member
How fast would the 0-60 be on the cobra you think? The stock GT is going to have the 3.3 still and thats damn quick.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Anything can happen, but let's wait to see just what the wheel hp numbers are on the production version of the Ford GT and what the production version performance numbers are. Competition improves the breed.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Yes it does. I think it's going to be sick how fast this thing turns out to be. And not just straight either!

fordification

Established Member
If your referring to the Shelby Cobra, they will always be open cockpit, which obviously makes it difficult to overcome drag loss @ 200mph, in regards to top speed.

waldo

Established Member
Has anybody heard of any rumored timelines for the production of the new Shelby Cobra? Are we talking 2005, 2006, or 2007?

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
**** NO! The weight difference is way too much, and plus, the GT is putting down 600 at the wheels anyways.

03CobraBro

Established Member
It just depends. I thought I remember hereing the Ford GT traps upwards of 130mph... So my guess is that 600RWHP Cobra is going to have to run mid 10's. Remember to those of you who are talking about the Ford GT's rubber, its extremely unlikely that a 600RWHP Cobra is going to be running stock rubber, which means we'd have to assume the Cobra would have slicks, which means its going to retain uber traction itself. Of course thats unfair to the stock Ford GT, but since you guys insist on comparing modded to stock we have to take that into concideration.

Of course if your talking about 200mph+ like the Ford GT will do, then of course the Ford GT will be the winner regaurdless, unless you have a Mustang as stream lined as the Saleen SR.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by mean saleen
ok guys i think it could happen. 600rwhp cobras or more taken a stock ford gt. maybe also with the cobra with a few less pounds:) :??: anyone think so??

You mean until they come to the first bend in the road? Then it's "see you around Cobra. It's been fun. Short, but fun!"

;-) :lol: :p

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by T-Bolt
**** NO! The weight difference is way too much, and plus, the GT is putting down 600 at the wheels anyways.

Except the Ford GT is only rated at 500 flywheel horsepower. I'd sure like to dyno higher than what my motor was putting out without the drivetrain. I'm guessing even if under-rated, the GT puts around 450rwhp. What does it weight? Around 3100lbs? I think the extra 150rwhp would overcome the 500lbs difference.

I think stock GT's run mid to high 11's in the 1/4 mile. Just a tad slower than the Saleen S-7's.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
Except the Ford GT is only rated at 500 flywheel horsepower. I'd sure like to dyno higher than what my motor was putting out without the drivetrain. I'm guessing even if under-rated, the GT puts around 450rwhp. What does it weight? Around 3100lbs? I think the extra 150rwhp would overcome the 500lbs difference.

I think stock GT's run mid to high 11's in the 1/4 mile. Just a tad slower than the Saleen S-7's.

Except that the hp numbers have been revised to 550hp, and reports of 565 at tire tires have been heard of. The 565 number was measured while the wheels were burning out, BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread